Immersive Fast travel

ronmerrick1

Not all of us hate the fast travel in obliv, but many do. People have removed it from obliv. but i found that a bit boring.

Heres an idea of mine, Immersive Fast travel.

There are three types of fast travel,

Boat,

and Carriage.

Each cost money, and depending how much you pay depends how safe the trip is.

Each travels to the requested area in different ways, faster or slower.

Option one: Boat.

This fast travel can only go to docks, AKA leyawinn, anvil, bravil.

It is the fastest travel.

There is a zero percent chance of being attacked while using this method.

There are three versions for purchase,

Lower deck, middle deck, luxury deck.

The lower deck costs the least,

Theres a large chance of gaining a disease and many of the other shipmates are hostile.

Theres a chance theyll attack you.

The middle deck is safer, theres a small chance of disease, the shipmates are friendly and there are items around, (Books, beer, food) That you are aloud to take.

The luxury deck is the best, you own a private room. There are many items available to take, theres a zero percent chance of Disease. Its most expensive.

Boat travel speed would be as follows: EX: Bravil to anvil, would take 24 minutes in real time, or 24 hours in the vanilla oblivion time scale.

Next option:

Carriage.

It is the slowest and cheapest travel.

Theres a 50% chance of being attacked during the travel.

You will not contract disease.

This has two options,

Gaurded carriage, or basic carriage.

Basic carriage consists of you and the "Driver"

You cannot take any items.

This would take, : EX Bruma to the elsweyr border, 60 minutes in real time, or several days in oblivion.

If you are attacked by bandits or monsters, the driver will run away and you are left to defend yourself.

In gaurded carriage, all the stats of travel are the same except now the carriage is larger, and there are 2 imperial legion soldiers with you.

During your travels you can look out the windows of your vehical and see cyrodiil going by, just as you would when walking.

These are just some ideas. =)

Tell me if you think you'd like to create them into a mod.

Its good, i hope u will make this.

i would like to help u but i am to busy with my own mod.

So sorry.

But its nice idea i hope u finish it and someone help u.

Personally I don't know about this. Would you be stuck in a room on a ship for 24 minutes of real time just waiting? Why would someone want to do that when you can run or ride a horse anywhere in Cyrodiil in about 10 minutes?

-Razorpony

Personally I don't know about this. Would you be stuck in a room on a ship for 24 minutes of real time just waiting? Why would someone want to do that when you can run or ride a horse anywhere in Cyrodiil in about 10 minutes?

-Razorpony

Immersion is the key word in this topic...

This might work if you'd make the waiting time way shorter - eventhough the word Immersive is in there, the word FAST-travel is in there too, i think it should be about 2 min. Also I believe there already is a mod that does this, but im not sure...

The ship idea sounds like a great idea to me, but maybe add an option to go to sleep when you want to end the trip?

The carrige thing would be really hard to make, all the new meshes and animations that needs to be done if you need to go out and defend your self while traveling.

Other than this that's some good ideas, hopefully someone might want to do this.

This mod idea is very complex. It might sound easy, but once you got into it you would see. The simplest thing would be to have a mod which disables vanilla fast travel, and then model your new system after Morrowind. Just have it so the only way to fast travel would be to pay money at the equivalents of the guild guides, boat docks, and silt strider ports. This action would teleport you to the other embarkation point. It could probably be scripted to make time pass for the slow travel methods. I guess if you wanted to follow the Morrowind pattern further, you could make Divine intervention spells to take you to church, and faux Mark and Recall spells to take you back to town if your magic level was high enough. You could study the existing Mark and Recall mods to reverse-engineer their scripts.