What would you like to see in a big mod?

haloblivion

Yes while indeed that Morroblivion lets you enjoy Morrowind, the fact remains that distributing the converter allows the use of contents protected by a license agreement not to be used in any other game (even other games by the same makers) so its ripped. Its nothing with a rep/vanity...its just whats legal and what is not.

Yes while indeed that Morroblivion lets you enjoy Morrowind, the fact remains that distributing the converter allows the use of contents protected by a license agreement not to be used in any other game (even other games by the same makers) so its ripped. Its nothing with a rep/vanity...its just whats legal and what is not.

Exactly. The problem is not some moral semantic, but rather a legal one. The project could have started off taking the Silgrad approach and building their resources from scratch or re-purposing Oblivion resources, but instead jumped right away to using ripped content to save time. Although they are trying to swap out and use models from scratch, the fact remains that the project will always have the connection of being made using ripped resources, so will always be suspect to being illegal, even after it no longer requires any converting software.

But, as this is not a discussion of Morroblivion, I would suggest returning to the original topic.

Well, first and foremost I would like to see the whole planet of Nirn being rebuilt. Not only Tamriel, I'm talking about the whole planet including Akavir, Yokuda, Altmeris, Atmora and Pyandonea. Travel from continent to continent could be achieved through fast travel like in the most mods. The continents had to be filled with quests, citys/towns, dungeons and overall life. I assume, if people would joint efforts and not let themself get discouraged by foolish comments, this would take about 3-4 years.

As second I would like to see all lore races playable on this new build land, including Falmer, Tsaesci, Tang Mo and maybe descendens of the Ayleid. Also, there should be more diversion of races. Why have all Argonians the same skin colour? Why do Khajits all have the same mane?

More diversion in races appearance of course, like old people, children, acting with different animations, having different jobs, just being less generic. I actually would like to see any single NPC have a daily based expiry. I would like to see them wakig up in the morning, watch them as they go down to the water to wash themselfs, then maybe hunt a rabbit, go eat and then to their jobs. Wonder what Dremoras do if they don't spread fear and spoil... :biggrin:

Less generic dialogues and talks would also strongly enhance the experience. Phrases should be increased to a plenty of different variantions and could be based on the season change etc. Scripts could be included that let different things happen through the years and this changing the dialogues and phrases people talking about.

The necessarity to eat, drink and sleep...to cook and make foot, to keep yourself clean, to keep yourself entertaint, to participate on social life and not just slash monsters, people like that usually tend to be neurotic. NPC interaction should also be based on your appearance: If you dress yourself like a beggar, people will treat you like one.

A miriads of more factions please. There are thousands of possibilitys.

Yeah, I assume thats it, for the first...think I have more ideas, but I'll keep them for the next time... :teehee:

I do see the planet idea being good but to be honest the only way something like that would be made even by a group of modders working together would be for profit. Otherwise what would the point be spending all that time making a mod that you might get people giving you a thumbs up for at the most? Excellent idea just unrealistic is all.