Don't have to have sex with Morrigan?

Lehcar

@Zinodin;

You've reiterated the method described (in less crude terms) in Post #14 of this topic.

(Oh, and no need to go to Redcliffe. You can wait until you're on the rooftop with Archie before invoking the console command. :thumbsup: )

... But without crude terms it's just normal learning. Learning should be fun!

Hehe, actually.. I skimmed this thread while looking for something else.. My apologies. I hereby officially announce that Thandal's way is much better than my own suggested way! ... Even if he chose not to include crude terms.. ^^

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noo...! Alistair is MINE! We lost our virginity together and I want me to be his only! :(

Besides, Morrigan spends the whole game constantly mocking him and belittling and insulting him. They're oil and water for god's sake! Them suddenly screwing each other is so mind bogglingly ironic it's too strange and too whack for me to handle. I can't stand it. The two just don't go to together I tell you! It's wrong! It's the unholiest union ever! It's wrong in so many ways! Its just ugh unthinkable! THEY JUST DON'T MIX!!! THEY CANT MAKE A BABY TOGETHER!!!!!!! IT'S UNTHINKABLE!!!!!! RAAAAAAH!!!!!!! :'(

Dont worry.

Science has proven that the female body has ways of detecting weather or not someone is in love. So since it wont be a legitimate sexing, she wont get pregnant.

(U.S. political joke there)

In general though, I think your distress is prof that their story telling modle for DAO is just amazing. I would argue the best bioware has ever done.

• 1 month later...

Dont worry.

Science has proven that the female body has ways of detecting weather or not someone is in love. So since it wont be a legitimate sexing, she wont get pregnant.

(U.S. political joke there)

In general though, I think your distress is prof that their story telling modle for DAO is just amazing. I would argue the best bioware has ever done.

Haha, yes, I remember the guy who said that.

(spoilers below)

But yes, I'm inclined to agree. Bioware already included an easy out, in the form of Loghain or Alistair, and even if Alistair is off the table that still leaves Loghain, assuming you didn't kill him. And if you did kill Loghain, then clearly you're similar to Morrigan in that part of your personality and shouldn't have a problem with her reasoning. It's not really a hard choice for me anyway, since I prefer Morrigan to any other character and I can relate in many ways.

But past that, a touching story is about sacrifices. If you hate Morrigan, the sacrifice is between dying yourself, allowing Loghain to remain a hero, or letting Morrigan have sex with your lover/best friend to save a life. If you like Morrigan, the sacrifice is losing her at the end of the story, or leaving the rest of the world behind in the witch hunt dlc.

To look for an extra option, to be the shining paladin at the climax of the story, to survive and kill the archdemon and live happily ever after...

That flies in the face of every other morally gray choice in the game.

Agreed. It had to be something with emotional depth to it, something that had good and bad on both sides, some moral greyness. If it was something easy like doing the hokey pokey that didn't cost or mean anything what would be the point. Also, any diliema in fiction is a false dicotomy or a fake choice, it is construed by the author as such. Of course he could make up a different answer, he wrote it. But he didn't because it raises questions, it makes you think about the consequences. If you want a simple (and boring) happily ever after, read a fairy tale. Now that I think about it very few of those have happy endings and the ones that do make the characters go through hell first. Go watch a Disney movie, or a romantic comedy. But life usually isn't that easy.

This choice is why I think that the female warden in love with Alistair is the most interesting story in DA. I don't think that there is anything in the male version that compares to it. If you decide to, you have to convince your lover to have sex with a woman he hates, if you don't one of you dies. So many emotions there. I still remember the first time I played it and walking down that hall thinking "how in the Maker's name am I going to convince him to do this?" That's good writing. For me the choice was fairly easy in that it is one night in exchange for the thousands after that. And you can say it is a selfish choice in that you don't know what will happen with the child, and it is, but that is what makes it interesting. A hero that isn't perfect, what will they think of next? And if you would rather have him all yours and dead... well, that is your choice.... the tiger instead of the lady, right?

And before all the male wardens out there say anything... I think the male warden in love with Morrigan is the most tragic story. (Untill Witch Hunt that is) And while a male in love with Leliana or Zeveran is technically betraying them, given their histories, I don't think they would mind if it means you live. And they never have to know about it.

As Rennn said, a touching and good story is about sacrifice and I think this is a good one. I liked the whole ritual idea, I thought it fit right in with the story and tone and realism of it all. You hear the whole game about how GW are needed to end the blight but don't know why, then find out you are going to die. The ritual itself is a bit of a deax au machina (I know I didn't spell that right but you know what I mean) at least they made it costly, a weighty emotional decision.