Equipable Lunchboxes for NPC's

RuzkaTheBear

Yeah, a thought, I would like clothing item (like backpack is), which is cosmetic and allows NPC's to carry lunchbox while they walk or a small briefcase. Anyone else like something similar?

So carry, as in on their person somewhere (which is easy) or carry, as in, in their hand (which would be potentially problematic with various animations)?

The Bottlecap Mine and C4 have a great carrying animation that could work just fine for this application.

You mean when they are equipped as a weapon? Taht's not really a carrying animation (although there are animations specific for mines like laying them), that's simply being equipped....in the same way a pistol doesn't have a carrying animation it's simply the equipped weapon when your running or walking. He could get that simply by having the bottlecap mine (with a slightly altered model) equipped and not holstered. But he mentioned;

Yeah, a thought, I would like clothing item (like backpack is), which is cosmetic and allows NPC's to carry lunchbox while they walk or a small briefcase. Anyone else like something similar?

So he wants it rigged to teh character model, not a weapon per se. Easy enough to rig it on his/her person. Problematic to rig it to the hand since a weapon will be in the right one and will clash. And even if it's in the left one, things like reloading animations will have a lunchbox smacking around.

Sorry for not be specific, I will like lunchbox to be 'weapon' so NPC can hold in hand while walking or running. It will be weapon to game engine, but do no damage or have attack animation. I can do GECK but I can not model/rig anything so I have ask for request. I understand will look no right but bottlecap mine animation does not make NPC walk normal. Any confusion devin?

Edited by RuzkaTheBear

Sorry for not be specific, I will like lunchbox to be 'weapon' so NPC can hold in hand while walking or running. It will be weapon to game engine, but do no damage or have attack animation. I can do GECK but I can not model/rig anything so I have ask for request. I understand will look no right but bottlecap mine animation does not make NPC walk normal. Any confusion devin?

Nope, I think I'v got it. Since we're making it a weapon, might as well make it able to smack people too (maybe not for a large amount of damage, but a little b*tch slap). If it's a weapon, you won't have to worry about the problems I listed above, it should work fine ;)