Need modders

Nadin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason being that I felt there simply wasn't enough content in the game. For example, In a post apocalyptic DC, in the ashes of one of americas largest economic and military hubs, in the same location as vault-tec headquarters, there's six power armor variants.

Six.

In the post-apocalyptic united states capital.

This mod, for example, plans to add at least another 20, making it SOMEWHAT realistic.

Then there's the fact that apparently every pre-war citizen drove one of three cars, or the fact that radiation with a half-life of over a hundred thousand years has all but faded, or the fact that an atmosphere that was completely PULVERIZED by thousands of megatons of nuclear explosion has returned to normal after barely two hundred years. Then there's the fact that, in a place which has people flocking in from the pitt, the commonwealth, Point lookout, and hundreds of other locations, there's almost nobody but a bunch of idiot raiders who, probably, should have killed each other off LONG ago.

These are all inconsistencies and flaws that detract from gameplay experience. Hopefully, all these and more will be fixed by this mod.

As another example, previously weather was mostly sunny, with bright blue skies and on the average day you can see for miles. Also, despite there being copious quantities of irradiated water EVRYWHERE, there's no rain or fog of any kind.

Now you have constant fog, ball lightning, overcast days with frightening downpours, radiation storms, huge arcs of lightning in the distance...Much better, if you ask me.

So you see, I can't answer the question "What does this mod do" because it's too general. I would be delighted, however, to answer any more specific questions.

Inconsistencies like the fact that everyone would be dead except maybe rats and cockroaches in a real post-apocalyptic world? There is also strong evidence that nuclear winter could result in another ice age rather than sunny skies and hot temperatures for the DC area.

The military doesn't commission 20 types of equipment for the same purpose, and it is illegal for ciizens to even wear body armor in many parts of the US today, so 6 types of power armor in the future does not seem too little to me. I have only seen one type of power assisted armor in development as endorsed by the US military at this point. Short lived power supply is a real problem, since miniature fusion reactors are not really as available as they are in Fallout 3.

Not to say that your mod wouldn't be fun to play, it would just be unreal and inconsistent in a different and possibly more diverse way.

Inconsistencies like the fact that everyone would be dead except maybe rats and cockroaches in a real post-apocalyptic world? There is also strong evidence that nuclear winter could result in another ice age rather than sunny skies and hot temperatures for the DC area.

Now that would be an awesome mod. Replace all the human characters with cockroaches and all the super mutants with rats.

I'd like to help... sounds like a pretty ambitious mod.

I have little experience with the GECK. I also have a little experience modeling, although it is for a compeletly defferent game in an entirely different time period. So Im not sure how much of an asset I would be to the team...

But anyway, the offers there ;)

The military doesn't commission 20 types of equipment for the same purpose, and it is illegal for ciizens to even wear body armor in many parts of the US today, so 6 types of power armor in the future does not seem too little to me. I have only seen one type of power assisted armor in development as endorsed by the US military at this point. Short lived power supply is a real problem, since miniature fusion reactors are not really as available as they are in Fallout 3.

Not to say that your mod wouldn't be fun to play, it would just be unreal and inconsistent in a different and possibly more diverse way.

Not real-life realistic, as stated. Just LOGICALLY consistent.

That is to say, consistent when it's fun and convenient.

Concerning the ice age, I know. that's why I'm getting rid of most of the cheer-sunny-blue-skies stuff. I'm also getting rid of most of the desert effects, too.

It's not going to be completeley frozen over, of course. But I AM hoping to activate the unused frost damage so that, at night and during certain portions of the day, you have to wear warm clothing or go indoors to prevent frostbite and hypothermia. Also we don't REALLY know what carpeting several continents with bombs would do. And besides, radiation seems to work differently in fallout.

Concerning the rats and cockroaches thing, I was going to say that all the people came from the vaults, but then I saw this:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/blu-118.htm

So yeah, that's kinda screwed.

In the fallout 3 universe, fusion reactors ARE plentiful, so that's not an issue.

Also, power armor, as a concept, has been around much longer, so there's bound to be variations. But really--there's a reason the marines don't use the same gun for fire support, direct combat, artillery, sniping, close combat, all that. They need variants.

@TehBuddha, I would be glad to have your help. But before you start, could I see some of your previous work with modeling?

MadMattDog, Sure. I'll update my work with the modules later tonight. You would probably want to edit Module 2, if that kinda thing's your forte. I'll send you the basic instructions later.

Thanks for the help!

@TehBuddha, What kinds of things are you good at with the GECK?

EDIT: it's been updated. The link's in my sig.

Ill give you a link to some of my models tomorrow, Im tired now and my head hurts :confused:

I havnt done much with the GECK... ive done the tutorial on the bethesda site (adapted to suit me of course) and i partway through making an abandoned shack, near enough finshed, just gotta link it to the wasteland. Nav-meshings irritating :mellow:

Edit - Im actually part-way through making a custom weapon, ill show you that when ive finished ;)

Also, i think i could have a go at texturing too, it looks so much simpler than modeling :turned:, well, ill have to anyway, if i want my weapon to look right...

I am in the midst of making my mod, but i can help with what ever you need. im good at making ingame stuff (bases, Vaults, Settlements, Villages, ect.) I can easily balance weapons to the point were it doesnt take twent billion shots to kill one mutant but a much more reasonable amount. Hope i can help!