Request: Children

ronmerrick1

the main reason there are no children is because every npc draws upon the same mesh either male or female, there are ways to get around this though technically, first you would need a larger head mesh for a new race, next you would need to give your child clothes with modified bodies built in to give them a more child-like figure and finally mark those clothes as unplayable so that if said child is killed the clothes cannot be removed exposing the adult body

the main problem with this way is that it would only work for npcs which doesnt seem like a problem for what your wanting to do

Explain to me one child mod which isn't a midget? I would love to see it.

Also try using this to edit people to your liking, to customise the children a little more.

Sorry for saying that I had a long day, and I am not trying to start a fight.

City life does a pretty good job of it. generally speaking the midgets run around the cities, and it leans more towards male children, which for obvious reasons looks much less out of place. i find the fact that they zoom by me, and have Voice acted "sorry im not supposed to talk to strangers" makes it work. the only part of this that bugs me is the child argonian sleepin in the waterfront district floating 2 feet off the ground. but it works for children in Oblivion.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11351

Note: some have reported CTDs with this mod.

If someone were into writing it, the easiest way imo, to make children in oblivion with minor conflicts would be to just make an orphanage, with 30 children in it (or similar) with seperate go tos, etc. inside the city (5 idle here, 10 there, 2 here, in different districts). that way your not adding a bed to every house, etc. then because its orphans you would just need to make 1 male and 1 female clothing model (burlap n' rags, lol!).

Well, if your looking for a mod with "Children" and not midgets, i'd reccomend getting some of the x117 races from modular beautiful people, 2chan edition

http://narulivion.blog46.fc2.com/blog-entry-136.html

They look a WHOLE lot less like midgets.

In order to keep them from becoming midgets when they wear clothes, there is a few clothes mods here with "heps" in the name that keeps their figure, warning, most of what is here is COMPLETELY the opposite of what i think your looking for.

http://www12.atwiki.jp/ssmod/pages/28.html

But anyway, i figure you could use this stuff (with the authors consent of course) to make a REAL child mod, and not a bunch of squishyfaced midgets.

As it was stated before, to not be "midgets" the x117 race has its own headmesh files, and because of this, hairs and headwear other than what was designed for them would be totally messed up. And like other races, they use the bodies your other races do, so slap some non playable clothes on them, particularly from heps mods, because they are designed for the body.