OMFG - Discussion and Requests

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which weapon should be added next to OMFG?

• XM8-C (SMG/Rifle hybrid)
    • G3KA4 (Marksman's rifle)
    • AMT Automag (High caliber pistol)
    • AW-50F (Bolt-action sniper rifle)
    • AEK-918 (Submachine gun)

Hey!

I've added the OMFG mod.

So far, I've only gotten the Beretta M93R, and I have to say; whil the model is good, I don't like the texture very much. It looks kind of cartoony and has a cell shading graphic look about it. You should do it in it's original model; brown handel and black gun. The texture looks TOO cartoony for my taste, and it kind of killed the immersion of my game, so I left it at my House in Megaton. The animation for changing fire rate is also kind of silly. It's the animation and sound for reloading a revolver. Looking forward to trying out the other Beretta and the other weapons.

This game has no good, old pump shotguns. There should be added a decent shotgun that is pump action and some sweet animations to go with it (and of course the sound as well). I think you should add the "Taurus Judge" - it's a revolver that fires shotgun shells. Here is a link with a picture :

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/taurus-judge-410-3-inch-2.gif

Maybe you could change the model a bit or fix it up. It would be a sweet addition to the game :)

Hey!

I've added the OMFG mod.

So far, I've only gotten the Beretta M93R, and I have to say; whil the model is good, I don't like the texture very much. It looks kind of cartoony and has a cell shading graphic look about it. You should do it in it's original model; brown handel and black gun. The texture looks TOO cartoony for my taste, and it kind of killed the immersion of my game, so I left it at my House in Megaton. The animation for changing fire rate is also kind of silly. It's the animation and sound for reloading a revolver. Looking forward to trying out the other Beretta and the other weapons.

This game has no good, old pump shotguns. There should be added a decent shotgun that is pump action and some sweet animations to go with it (and of course the sound as well). I think you should add the "Taurus Judge" - it's a revolver that fires shotgun shells. Here is a link with a picture :

http://www.tactical-...10-3-inch-2.gif

Maybe you could change the model a bit or fix it up. It would be a sweet addition to the game :)

The 'cartoony' edges are the product of a bad UV map, which I did not make. Estuine made the model, I made the texture. It can be fixed in some areas but it's very difficult to do the entire thing.

The animation isn't a huge issue IMHO. I'll edit the script when I get a chance to make it look better.

As for pump actions, I'd love to do a cool pump-action but I refuse to do any guns unless the reloading and fire animations work well with it. There is no pump-action animation in Fallout 3 so I can't make one.

I've seen a model of that Taurus before. A simple edit of the .32 or .45 could pull it off easily.

Well you're in luck, because I'm making a badass rifle which will sort of be an alien assault rifle, but made by humans. I hope that makes sense. Here's a pic of the gun I'm basing it off, the one at the very bottom:

http://psytraxx.de/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/cg-digital-art/scifi_weaponry_by_xell.jpg

I do like the look of that.

Ok.. this is kinda like cheating.. but just to show a bit of OMFG I found... work on some variants of these.. they look very nice with a lace bra Satin thong and a case of ammo.

http://www.online-multiplayer.com/bf2142/bf2142_weapons.php

Alt-fires is what I'm working on at the moment so that's what I really need ideas on. I need alt-fires for the following weapons:

Drone Cannon (MZ)

Fat Man

Flamer

Gatling Laser

Heavy Incinerator (BS)

Gauss Rifle (OA)

Tri-Beam Laser Rifle (BS)

Mesmetron

Microwave Emitter (PL)

Any ideas would be great, guys.

Alt. Fire ideas :

Fat Man - Drop the Fat Man and make it into a Fat Man Proximity Nuke Mine.

- Fly-By-Wire ; A camera controlled rocket which the PC can control.

Flamer - Flamer fuel dump; make a flaming trail along the floor to function as a flame shield.

Gatling Laser - Pulse explode; if you have a certain amount of ammunition you can use that amount (say 200) to make a giant pulse emitting explosion that destroys every enemy in a certain range (especially robots).

Drone Cannon - Alien technology A; Consume an amount of life from the PC to fuel as ammunition for the weapon.

Alien Techonolgy B; Fire through walls.

Tri-Beam Laser Rifle - Magazine Discharge ; empty the entire magazine at the cost of all APs.

- Charge-Up shot; a shot that is charged up, takes a little while to power up, and fires a huge laser beam that uses more ammo.

Gauss Rifle : Burst Fire ; Fires of a 3 round burst.

Mesmetron - Self mesmerize; use the weapon on one self, and with a high enough Science check, will grant the user some kind of SPECIAL boost (INT, END, CH) for a period of time.

Heavy Incinerator - Flamer; alt. fire could be to use this weapon as a short-range flamer (flamethrower).

Microwave Emitter - Galvanic gap ; use the Microwave Emitter as a magnet. A high ammunition is required to use this alt. fire as it sucks an enemy's weapon out of his hand, and into your hand ( depending on the PC's Science skill, and Big Gun/Small Gun skill).

-magnetic salvation; like the gravity gun from HL2, this gun could function as a powerful magnet (sucking an item of metal), obtaining it in front of the gun, and with a second press of the button, fires it off into the enemy.

Drone Cannon (MZ)

Fat Man

Double Load. Place 2 Mini-nukes in the launcher at the expense of accuracy and reload speed.

Flamer

Shoot a blob of fuel that forms an area of fire on impact

Gatling Laser

Fire all 3 emitters at once, goes through ammo ridiculously fast (3 shots at once for 3 e-cells at a much lower accuracy and a reduced ROF)

Heavy Incinerator (BS)

blowtorh style close range sheet of flame in front of you, a la a less cartoony version of the Blowtorch from worms. For if anyone ever gets too close.

Gauss Rifle (OA)

overcharge,fires a more powerful shot at the expense of overheating the weapon, meaning it must cool before reloading.

Tri-Beam Laser Rifle (BS)

fire the whole MF cell. Shoots 40 beams. At once. Then needs a reload.

Mesmetron

it's a mesmetron... it enslaves people. Suppose it could do the robobrain mezzer's Head cripple thing...

Microwave Emitter (PL)