Spawn any object in game

HugePinball

Are you saying containers already are replacable?

I believe that's what I just said above, yes. :whistling:

To repeat: In the latest test version, there should be one of every container type in the appropriate size category in Spawn Mode.

Additionally, you should have been able to move existing containers around for quite some time (v0.9.1 and up oops, v0.9.2 Preview and later), and again with the test version (v0.9.2 WIP) you can add any object that can be highlighted to your Favorites, so you don't have to search through the ridiculously long list of objects in the size categories. This is shown in the

of the Object Spawn Demo video. Here it is again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COF1zv3Usqo#t=3m12s

To answer your next question, you add (or remove) object to your Favorites from the Action Menu. Here are the default controls:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/11532-1-1278173538.png

Note that the Action Menu is also available while in Spawn Mode. This means that if you're browsing through the hundreds of items in the "Objects by Size" categories, as you find things you'd like to use later you can add it to your Favorites right there. That way you don't have to go back through those huge lists each time to find it again.

By the way, the reason I never made a separate "Containers" category was because I originally wanted to group items more by what they're supposed to represent, and not by the function the game happens to give them. Meaning I'd prefer to have a categories like "Home Appliances" that includes Refrigerators, Ovens, Toasters, Televisions, etc. (some of which happen to be containers in the game), rather than a "Container" category which would include Refrigerators, Ovens, Ammo Boxes, Lockers, certain Desks, Toolboxes, Ant Refuse Piles, Mirelurk Egg Clutches, etc., where many items have no similarity other than that the game happens to use them as containers.

Please - agree, disagree, make suggestions, something. I'm personally not very satisfied with the current organization of items in Spawn Mode, but it's a big and complicated task. I've been hoping for some more feedback on the subject, but there has been almost none. I suppose I could take that to mean it's perfect, like LHammonds said above:

Come up with your own version of some basic lists and get feedback on how to better organize the "stuff"...if there is little to no feedback, then that means you're done. :laugh:

...but I don't really want to leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...
EDIT:

I threw together a few demo shots I made with my working version:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15260

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15261

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15262

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15263

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15264

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15265

I spawned a few things from the "extremely large objects" list, including the Washington monument and Vault-Tec headquarters. Very little thought was put into these pics, although I do like my mushroom garden :happy:

That mushroom garden is great. Now you just need to throw in a damaged gnome, maybe scale him down a bit, and you're set. :laugh:

Oh, and as far as grouping items by what they represent vs. function, I think some overlap would be acceptable and in fact ideal. Sure, the oven SHOULD be in with the kitchen appliances & accoutrements, but I think it should ALSO be in with the containers in a separate section. That gives the best functionality to the user, who's searching for what they need at the moment, whether that's straight eye candy or something more.

I don't think the overlap will be too much of a problem either. It should really only exist for objects you can interact with like containers, or maybe things like flaming barrels. Items that have dual functions, as both decor, and storage or lighting, for example. While some ovens and fridges are containers, others are not. The most attractive, shiniest, newest-looking fridge in the game isn't even useable as a container. :(

You should make a separate category for those damned rocks and environment big terrain objects such as the pillars in caverns pieaces of road big rocks and rocks in general, that would be a big but quite useful and specific category, then you could move on to continue to categorize your sized categories with much more ease since the lists should be significantly shorter the other category you should add would be a signs category which if you want could be subdivided in megaton signs, lamplight signs, wasteland signs, metro tunnel signs, and most importantly a panoramic sign category like those of the corvega and vault ones . for the big, really big and extremely big categories make a separate house or house front category. and i think this might be a small category but quite useful a lamp and light source category. i know it-s hell of a job but you asked for feedback and suggestions and i think this might help

Ya, might be easier to do in stages. Make rough general categories first like Buildings, Fences, Walls/Dividers, Flooring, Lighting, Doors, Rocks, Ground Clutter, Signs, Barrels, Vehicles, Kitchen, Bathroom, etc. (Containers!) and then worry about organizing them more specifically later.

Let me loose in GECK and I'll help you out, if you want it.

I'm also starting to hunger for more. Is this a bad sign? I know there are objects in the game that you don't have even in those huge size categories, or the organized ones, yet. For example (and not necessarily because I want them but because I noticed their absence) you only have one utensil/tool, forceps maybe, in the small category, when there are a sh*tload more in the game like spoons, forks, sporks & spatulas. Now those may be in the Clutter Box (I think they are but I've only visited it once or twice so far) but you get my point.

On a side note: I failed to find an office desk that functions as a container in the size categories. Isn't this a little strange? I'm constantly looting those things for mucho deniro/caps & ammo.

I hope all the objects in the game in its' entirety wind up in here, except for maybe the unique or quest reward items? Bah, we're all big girls & boys here, right?. And the mod can be used to cheat enough as it is. It's about having options and expanding your ability to have fun/enjoy the game. Let each person weigh for themselves how serious they are about 'cheating' in single player, and decide how far they will go. Nothing you can't get from the console, anyway. You can always say they're 'just for display purposes', right? ;)

• 3 years later...

Well, the normal Feng Shui seems to be working fine and I am having loads of fun placing weapons and ammo on shelves to make a neat looking home.. However, with the new WIP version, there is something wrong, or at least it looks like it. Whenever I enter spawn mode, nothing works. I can press E to go from tables+charis to chairs, then some other category, and I can't even place teh chair it gives me. The whole spawn menu on the numpad doesn't work for me, and I've done the reset/remap of the buttons, deinstalled and reinstalled the mod, etc.

Any thoughts on this, as I would like to move certain pre-placed objects and add some shelves and containers of my own.

Thanks ^^

• 2 years later...

Better late than never.

Rebooted the Fallout 3 and FNV to get ready for FO4.

Used the Fend Shui for the first time. WOW!. little learning curve for this old man, by it has been a hoot to just break the rules and throw something silly or practical in.

Is there a master list for objects than can be used as a quick reference, or is it easier just to find a similar object and get it's object ID and spawn it that way?