ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Will be there "The Elders Scrolls VI" in your opinions?

CompanyOfGamers

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will be there "The Elder Scrolls VI" in your opinon?

• There will be in the couple of years.
    • There will be but; not soon.
    • No, there won't be.
  2. 2. If there would be, what about would be its scenario?

• High Rock
    • Black Marsh
    • Elsweyr
    • Hammerfell
    • Valenwood
    • Summerset Isles
    • Another Continent
    • Compilation of all regions from "The Elder Scrolls: Anthology" (except "The Elder Scrolls: Arena")
    • Whole Tamriel
    • None of them. (Please tell us your opinions.)

I think maybe Beth can look at assasin's creed.

I just played it and it looks so much better. The desert island there was thick with foliage and the terrain was unpredictable and non-linear, every part looks unique. Then Havana looks more like a city, you don't need 20,000 npcs, just a few hundreds is enough to look like a bustling city. There the people seem very diverse, you could seem lots of different people with different styles of clothing walking around. With so much people, you don't even notice if their daily-routine is linear.

While I did enjoy Black Flag (and it was I'm fact the first Assassin's Creed I managed to finish without getting bored) I disagree about it not being linear. The approaches to missions and collectables became repetitive very quickly, and the story was bordering on the nonsensical...

The cities they use also don't really fit with the way TES cities work. You can fit more NPCs into a city when the most interactivity they have is being able to murder them. This isn't a problem in games like Assassin's Creed, or Dragon Age or The Witcher, but in TES games you can interact with anyone. Beggar to king, you can chat anyone up.

Unless they radically change their approach to interaction, using Assassin's Creed as a frame of reference is a poor comparison. It's like comparing Halo and Call of Duty. Sure, their genres are kinda the same, but the games, their world's and the approaches are very different.

That doesn't mean I'm against inconsequential NPCs. I think something could easily be done to make the world seem more populated, but not like Havana.

I didn't say referencing the missions and stuff, just the large city and npc numbers.

They could just reduce the interactivity of some "xtras" npcs, I mean in the real world, most people would probably just tell you to mind your own business rather than stop to talk to you.

I also like the idea of restricted areas, let's be honest, surely snooping around the Jarl's bedroom is off-limits.

maybe even hidden stuffs for you to discover in the city.

simple parkour action like in watch dogs might also be great.

Dialog options like deus ex is also great. Although it doesn't affect the story, it changes the approach you need to take to get things done and also gives your character more character.

Once I finish formatting it on the Bethesda forums, I'll transfer my 'ideas' over here... It's unlikely to ammount to anything one way or another (though I'd like if Bethesda would offer me a job :D ) but getting more thurough input is always good...

Most of the people, who have joined the poll, think next game will take place on Valenwood or Summerset Isles. After, Cyrodiil and Skyrim, wouldn't these lands be little a few? Probably some gamers will miss Cyrodiil, Shivering Isles, Morrowind and Skyrim. These memories should be ported to new game. What do you think about this? Not all regions of the lands ofcourse just other lands' border regions. To be more clear, I will give a example. For Skyrim, if Northern Cyrodiil (Imperial City was included alongside Bruma as an exception), Northwestern Morrowind(Solstheim has come via Dragonborn DLC but; it is not enough), Northeastern Hammerfell and Eastern High Rock was in the game, it would be better. Maybe there would be little lands which aren't hard to make such as Stros M'kai.

Edited by WhiterunMavericks