Khajit texture issues

Balakirev

Simply put, I've found that all the Khajits in my game now have light purple hands, upper torsos, and tails, so the basic textures are clearly messed up. Rather than figure out where the problem occurred, can anyone suggest how I might replace or refresh those textures with the originals? Removing the Khajit/male subdirectory for textures doesn't work. Over to you.

If you want to revert to vanilla, you have to delete all replacement body meshes and textures. Of course, it will affect all races, not just Khajiit.

I thought textures were race-specific?

I've also just tried applying BluesNewMaleBody, meshes and textures. Khajits are still messed up, though not any other race. Which seems to mean something else is getting in the way.

If you want to revert to vanilla, you have to delete all replacement body meshes and textures. Of course, it will affect all races, not just Khajiit.

I thought textures were race-specific?

Yes. However, simply deleting texture does not revert your body. Instead, you will see Khajiit covered with stretched foot texture if you're using any body replacer.

Yes. However, simply deleting texture does not revert your body. Instead, you will see Khajiit covered with stretched foot texture if you're using any body replacer.

In that case, though, shouldn't I be able to replace the foot texture through any body replacer that includes Khajits, and so get a full Khajit-textured body, back? Because I tried this using BluesNewMaleBody, and still have the light purple torso, hand, and tail regions. I'm not willing to lose all my textures to all races, so any other solution is fine with me.

[quote name='Balakirev' date='12 April 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1271045414'

In that case, though, shouldn't I be able to replace the foot texture through any body replacer that includes Khajits, and so get a full Khajit-textured body, back? Because I tried this using BluesNewMaleBody, and still have the light purple torso, hand, and tail regions. I'm not willing to lose all my textures to all races, so any other solution is fine with me.

I think I've got it solved. BluesNewMaleBody put its textures in two subdirectories, Textures, and Textures without Tattoos. The textures version for the Khajits didn't work, so I copied over Textures without Tattoos into the appropriate Textures subfolder. That worked.

To fix the problem at initial install you would just simply have used archive invalidation.