DLC Content - Meshes, Textures etc.

gewissen

Sorry if this has been discussed before, i did not know how to exactly search for an anser to my problem.

a while ago i released a mod for fallout 3 (which has no dependencies to other esm's or esp's)

i use a fallout 3 version with broken-steel an i extracted all files from the bethesda archives to use them in my mod.

one mesh and a few textures i used must be from the broken steel, because i noticed the file path /data/meshes/dlc03.

i supplied all needed files within the mods archive.

Am I allowed to do this? It is just one mesh and a few textures, but that clearly is content from broken-steel.

do i have to include a dependency to broken steel in my mod? (i would likely do not do this, because more people could use the mod)

the mesh i used is \meshes\vehicles\dlc03\vertibirdinteriour.nif with its textures for my vertibird commander mod if that is relevant

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12066

\meshes\vehicles\dlc03\vertibirdinteriour.nif + textures

it is a mesh for a vertibird cockpit

sorry if my description is a little fuzzy, i am not a native english speaker

You would have to make it dependent on Broken Steel otherwise you would be providing copyrighted content to those people who are not entitled to it as they may not have this expansion.

Rabbit

You would have to make it dependent on Broken Steel otherwise you would be providing copyrighted content to those people who are not entitled to it as they may not have this expansion.

Rabbit

In other words, if it comes to light that you have uploaded a mod to Nexus that uses content from the DLCs but have not made that mod dependent on those DLCs then your mod will likely be taken down and you may well be banned from this site.