Burmuda Triangle:What happened to flight 19?

Keanumoreira

The Burmuda Triangle, the jewel of the Atlantic, the crown of Florida, Satins best friend. For more than a century, boats and aircraft have gone missing in this area of divine beauty. But scientists conclude that it goes back to since ships first crossed the triangle. It is said that the conclusion to these mysterious vanishings is pilot error, freak storms, rogue waves, water spouts, strong winds, and methane bubbles from the deep splitting ships in half, and causing aircraft to explode. Others believe that its paranormal activity, mines left from the World wars, a black hole hidden at its center, and even time travel. But whatever people may say, it still doesn't explain it on a large scale, such as the most famous disappearence to have occured in the area, the mystrey of flight 19. On December 5, 1945, five TBM Avenger torpedo bombers left Fort Lauderdale at 2:10 P.M. Leading the men was Lieutenant Charles Caroll Tayler who directed the men on what was suppose to be a routine route for a training excercise. Soon after departure, the men lost radio contact with the fort, and were proceeding off course due to Taylors lack of knowledge on where they were going. Taylor soon began to panic, and lost his men in the clouds, including radio communication. At 6:20 P.M., after hours of attempted communication and running low on fuel, Taylor sent the last message to be heard from flight 19 stating that he and the men would ditch the planes when"the first plane drops bellow 10 gallons, we all go down together." After the message was sent, the planes fell from radar, and were never seen or heard from again. Taylor was ultimatally blamed for the accident because of what is believed to be pilot error. Is it, or did flight 19 crash from something else. What really happened on that day in 1945?

Your missing the point hoshi. What happened to the flight after it went missing?

We still haven't found the planes that were lost, not even on the bottom of the ocean.

Your missing the point hoshi. What happened to the flight after it went missing?

We still haven't found the planes that were lost, not even on the bottom of the ocean.

I see, but is it in anyway mysterious not to find a plane anymore that crashed into the ocean years ago which lost radar contact with? I think not. The area must be huge and things they get lost. Took em long enough to find the Titanic and that was a giant.

I see, but is it in anyway mysterious not to find a plane anymore that crashed into the ocean years ago which lost radar contact with? I think not. The area must be huge and things they get lost. Took em long enough to find the Titanic and that was a giant.

That, or they wanted to be M.I.A. :thumbsup:

They hid the planes on the Islands that dot the area, and hooked up with sexy Burmudan babes.

That, or they wanted to be M.I.A. :thumbsup:

They hid the planes on the Islands that dot the area, and hooked up with sexy Burmudan babes.

Never met anyone who WANTED to be MIA,or ditched in water for anything but necessity.It's a big ocean.... small airframe no surprise there, they could be lost in the Everglades...a place non conducive to SAR.

I remember watching a History (or was it Discovery) channel special on the Bermuda Triangle. They went looking around some areas to see if they could find any trace of the flight (which of course they didn't succeed in doing . . .).

The one thing I really remember them saying though, was that there are literally thousands of downed planes in the area. Many, many crashes (from weather, mechanical problems, etc) and also quite a few that were intentional downed (drug smuggling, etc). So, in my opinion, they're probably never going to find Flight 19.

the conclusion of the investigation was that the wing went of course for a few minutes and never was able to find the way back on course which isnt that hard taking in count that back then they didnt have gps and there aint that many landmarks on the ocean you could fly by xcept maybe the sun but calculating where the heck you are in mid flight is not that easy and i doubt they had the necessary tools anyway to determine the angle of the sun

the search area is massive, some 100square miles of rough ocean but if i remember correctly they found some of the planes by now (was a show on discovery i think a few years back)

ships vanishing in the bermuda triuangle however have a totally different reason, the most logical seems to be that there are quite some gas bubbles below the sand of that area which from time to time burst and rise to the surface, if a ship is on top of such a bubble it will obviously loose contact to the water it usually drifts on and fall down since there is only some air trying to support it, once the air bubble has gone the water returns and floods the ship... was also on a show on discovery :P they made a nice experiment with a boat too which just dropped and vanished lol

also take in count that the bermuda area is known for its nasty storms and resulting waves of doom

also claims that the bermuda triangle is the doom of vehicles is nonsense, there have just as many ships and planes vanished in the north sea, the red sea, cape of good hope and so on...