[WIP] Oblivion Reconstruction Project

Habel

I was thinking that today. I was already planning to run the clutter through a subsurface modifier in Blender for my own aesthetic taste but I didn't think anybody else would be interested. Since you mentioned that, I'll release it when I do it.

Like I said the armors, weapons and creatures are already pretty high poly, so all the very low poly items in game look horrible by comparison.

Increasing poly count on perfectly flat and/or square objects will not really improve the visual appearance but will still tax resources. With that in mind objects like books might need to be left out of the upgrade.

The next level:

There are a lot of objects in game that fake detail with textures. The next step to upgrading OB's graphics would naturally be to add those details to the meshes.

Just some other thoughts. Good Luck.

Sorry this took so long, it's the week before exams so I probably should have allowed for that. The iron armor is done - here's a comparison shot for you all. Both the mesh and the texture have been improved. The mesh improvement might be harder to see - pay attention to things that contrast with the stuff around it where you can easily see edges, like the pauldrons.

Edit: This mod will now be a full replacement of every single equipment mesh and texture. Smoothed meshes, high-res textures. Here's the first armor that I've completed as of this edit.

Great, an armor and weapon re-placer. Can never have too many of those. :rolleyes:

Edit: This mod will now be a full replacement of every single equipment mesh and texture. Smoothed meshes, high-res textures. Here's the first armor that I've completed as of this edit.

Great, an armor and weapon re-placer. Can never have too many of those. :rolleyes:

If there's already a mod out there that fully replaces every equipment mesh and texture in the game with something other than the same low poly model fit to a custom body mesh and I'm wasting my time, by all means let me know what mod it is so I can stop doing this and go download that.

I'm sorry, I was just selfishly disappointed that you had decided to start at the highest end of the spectrum. If I could do what your doing I'd do all the ultra low poly items myself. But I can't so I'll just shut up now. Good luck with your mod.

I'm sorry, I was just selfishly disappointed that you had decided to start at the highest end of the spectrum. If I could do what your doing I'd do all the ultra low poly items myself. But I can't so I'll just shut up now. Good luck with your mod.

I definitely will do all of the low poly clutter stuff, it really does bother me too. This armor mod won't take long at all though at the rate I'm going with the free time I'll have after exams. I don't see why the clutter modification can't be done in a day - there's a ton of clutter but the subsurface modifier in blender works like magic.

If I get bored doing the armor thing over and over again, I might just take a break from it and see if I can do it.

Edit: This mod now has a new thread - I renamed the project and now have a conclusive idea of what this mod will be. Please delete this thread if need be.