Is Karliah Dragonborn?

Lehcar

It seems pretty clear that Karliah does have a human ancestor, though the details aren't specific. It seems to be a relatively popular theory that Karliah is a descendant of Tiber Septim through his illegitimate child with Queen Barenziah, which would have to mean that the official story about the pregnancy having been forcibly aborted by his healer was just a cover up, and in fact not true. Dralsi Indoril seems to be singled out as a strong candidate for this theory, the idea being that she was passed off as Drayven Indoril's child to avoid any problems with the Empire. If this could be true, would this not make Karliah also a Dragonborn? And possibly a claimant to the Septim throne? Thoughts?

Edited by Lehcar

It wound not necessarily make her dragonborn, thou is is possible. An interesting thought, Barenziah's son Helshet was king of Morrowind during the Morrowind game (Elderscrolls III) so she does have an connection to the royal family there. And as an daughter of Tiber Septim she would be in the line of succession if this was known. Most likely documents exists somewhere and the empire seem to be in the need of a new emperor/empress. If such a person could peacefully haul in Morrowind as well, it would have an significant effect. Also, I doubt that Black Marsh are to eager to make an enemy of the Empire so this could be very useful.

just because you are a child of someone that does not always make you a dragonborn

Actually, that's exactly how it works...

As for Karliah... She's definitely Barenziah's Granddaughter, but i think it unlikely that Dralsi's parentage was any other than Daryven's. I tend to think that all is as it seems, and that Karliah has no link to the Septim line.

As for the Septim Throne... The Septims are dead, and they have no claim to the Imperial Throne anymore. Their usefulness died with Martin, as did the usefulness of Dragonborn Emperors.