The "I remember when..." thread

DarkeWolf

Gran- yeah, this was a fun thread. Its kinda cool to take a trip down nostalgia lane sometimes :smile:

I remember going to concerts and seeing girls who's hair would stick up almost a foot long up into the air. We used to comment that they probably used half a can of hairspray a day on those mallbangs. And that they shouldnt be allowed within 20 feet of the stage, as the pyrotechnics might light their hair up, hahaha.

I'm not sure if this really applies, but here goes. I have always been a reader, since I was about 3 years old (Winnie the Pooh, etc.), but I remember when I suddenly discovered that I LOVED to read. It was in my pre-teens (maybe 11 or 12) I was reading one of the epic type novels, Michner or Uris, maybe it was Hawaii or Exodus; but anyway, I just suddenly realized that I needed to read anything I could get my hands on; fiction, non-fiction, the classics, great literature, even technical stuff. Since then I have never stopped reading. I always give books as gifts. I love receiving them as gifts. Reading almost anything is a great source of knowledge, so remembering that was wonderful for me.

technically, tis a little off track, but it's still a good story. Thanks for sharing!

I was a comic book reader at that age. Archie & the gang, Casper, Richie Rich, ummmm.... wow, that was SO long ago LOL.

Unfortunately most of my reading materials of late, have been tech books :sad: Tho my most recent fictions have been the Dragon Age novels by David Gaider. The Stolen Throne, and The Calling. He's not one of the BEST authors I've read, but it's still a fun read.

I remember the first time I saw Ketchup and Mustard in Squirt Bottles!

I was a little kid, and before that, ketchup and mustard were always in these glass bottles that you had to slap around, shake around, and shove a knife up into them and dig the ketchup and mustard out. They were these yellow and red plastic jars with a white screw on cap that had a nozzle on it. You just squeezed the bottle while holding it upside down and out came your condiment!

LOL I ranked that right up there next to the invention of the wheel !

I remember when 56k was the only thing available, and i was on the net with my old 386, now that was the good old days. windows 3.1 anyone.

The internet was very young back then, wasn't all that wide spread as it is today :thumbsup: .

And still, my parents live near an average city and they are the only ones to still not having any Internet service except 56k... I live at Montréal, I download stuff at about 500 kb/s while they are downloading at about 5 kb/s !

Look at this, how frustrating ! The blue is where the service is available... The red star is where my parents live... That map is about 70 km of width.

Those download speeds are amazing. I, of course, being ancient and all, remember when there was no internet. But that doesn't count. I wanted to get back on the right thread. I remember when a good sized candy bar cost a nickel, five cents American (and that was a lot of money to me). I was lucky if I could get two cents to buy a Mary Jane or something. I know there are probably only a few of you who remember those days. And you could buy an ice cream cone for a dime.

I remember when my dad brought home a computer. lol. I also remeber my first video game. It was some 4x4 racing. I don't remember the name.

I remember when my lil dog had her first litter of puppies, and she didnt want to take care of one of them cuz it was dying. SO i tried to keep it alive for days, feeding it manually and helping it breath.. then it died.............

remembering makes me sad :(