'Dynamic' Quiver?

Mortimer

This seems to be one of those pet peeves that I can't find a winning mod for. Like many I'm sure I love using cloaks and backpacks, the vanilla quiver position is generally not friendly with at least one of these. So there are mods that move the quiver say to the belt ... to me this looks incredibly odd when all you have is the quiver, it would look much better in the vanilla position.

I suppose this would need to aim to work with popular backpack/cloak mods. When not wearing backgear the quiver is positioned in its almost vanilla position (with options for less 'floaty' positions, etc. But equip such equipment and the quiver repositions itself dynamicly.

As ever I admit modding novicehood, I know its a matter of skeleton positions and such, but seeing things like dynamic backpacks in Frostfall makes me hope this sort of thing is possible?

have you seen the Belt-Fastened Quivers mod? Works great with Frostfall!

Yes, but I was more hoping to see something that let the quiver stay in the vanilla position until you put backpacks on, which than shifted them to the belt position.

I do not know of a way to change the assigned skeleton node in the NIF file on-the-fly in-game. However, it would be possible to have multiple copies of the NIF file and with different ammo records switch which one is the visible one based on what specific objects from other mods are worn.

But unless it becomes an issue that I need to resolve for my own game, I'm not doing it.