Driveable Hummer

Nihilisaurus

Alright. Can somebody please rig up the hummer modder's resource here on the nexus to an NPC skeleton, preferably chimera? It has collision, all it needs is nodes, now I'm a 3d retard so I can't do that but it shouldn't be *too* difficult to add the requisite body nodes to keep the model aligned with where the NPC is pointing. Once this is done it would be trivial to edit the J3x Chimera scripts to add it as a new drive-able vehicle, which I could pretty easily do.

Lt. Albrecht, a caution, if I may. The term "retard" is considered a derogatory towards those with a mental handicap. I have seen individuals banished from the site for using it thus. Just a word to the wise.

Rabbit

Retard has variable definitions :P The one I mean is the term used in physics to mean decreasing of velocity/speed, my progress in learning manipulation of 3d programs has been retarded. Also since when was self-depreciation a crime?

Anyways, I wish someone would actually do this. It'd be the first proper personal transport in FO3, you have the bikes which are a pain to drive, the personal vertibird with its 8-10 fixed locations and the driveable chimera, which although kickass is impractical as it moves at the speed of a T51B with a dead fusion pack...

Retard has variable definitions :P The one I mean is the term used in physics to mean decreasing of velocity/speed, my progress in learning manipulation of 3d programs has been retarded. Also since when was self-depreciation a crime?

Anyways, I wish someone would actually do this. It'd be the first proper personal transport in FO3, you have the bikes which are a pain to drive, the personal vertibird with its 8-10 fixed locations and the driveable chimera, which although kickass is impractical as it moves at the speed of a T51B with a dead fusion pack...

Lt Albreecht, I am so sorry. I did not mean to cause you offense. Rather I was trying so hard to avoid an offense. Nothing of the sort was my intention. Apologies, sir!!

As for the HumVee I quite agree with you. If we are speaking of the same modification I had it also for a time, but deleted it because it did nothing more than crash my game.

Rabbit

Lt Albreecht, I am so sorry. I did not mean to cause you offense. Rather I was trying so hard to avoid an offense. Nothing of the sort was my intention. Apologies, sir!!

As for the HumVee I quite agree with you. If we are speaking of the same modification I had it also for a time, but deleted it because it did nothing more than crash my game.

No need, old bean! It's ths political correctness, you know it's gone too far when people are afraid to say a word because one of he possible meanings could be considered offfensive. I added the static myself in GECK and I have to say it would be brilliant to drive, the only problem with the j3x version of the script is the humvee could turn on the spot as well as in movement but that's a small fault in exchange for a driveable vehicle.

I wish I had time to mess with Blender and learn how to do this... I really do. Unfortunately I can do nothing of the sort and without a rigged skeleton (even if it does *absolutely nothing* animation-wise) the model cannot be used and the only demonstration I can give is a faster, weaker, unarmed chimera tank...