A few questions about Scripting / AI-Packages

WhiteLama

Hello, I have started modding a few weeks ago and I have made big progress, but I've come to a stop due to one thing I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I want to make one of my NPC's to walk out of his house and walk to a patch of land to "tend" to the crops there (also just to walk out and sit and watch the view). The only problem is that firstly, I don't know how to make him walk out of the house, that shouldn't be to hard I know, but the other thing is that, how do I make him to use a rake and/or hoe to farm? Pretty much like every NPC at a farm does.

If it involves making a new package, I'm screwed, because every time I try to click on a package in the "Packages"-list, the CS crashes on me and I need to restart. I got the same problem while trying to delete the packages from NPC's, it just runs into a problem and crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Are you using Windows Vista or W7 ?

Did you install to the default C:\program files\ directory or a different one?

Have you tried changing the compatibility mode for the CS.exe to XP or XP(SP3)?

Have you tried plugging something into the microphone jack on your computer (sounds odd, but has been known to solve some problems)?

I'm using Vista >_< But I think I fixed it, I reinstalled to another directory (since I know that Program Files created some problems before).

Seems like it works now, thanks for the help :)

Might want to add adminstration rights to the CS too. The Vista User Controls do some weird things sometimes.

Hello, I have started modding a few weeks ago and I have made big progress, but I've come to a stop due to one thing I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I want to make one of my NPC's to walk out of his house and walk to a patch of land to "tend" to the crops there (also just to walk out and sit and watch the view). The only problem is that firstly, I don't know how to make him walk out of the house, that shouldn't be to hard I know, but the other thing is that, how do I make him to use a rake and/or hoe to farm? Pretty much like every NPC at a farm does.

If it involves making a new package, I'm screwed, because every time I try to click on a package in the "Packages"-list, the CS crashes on me and I need to restart. I got the same problem while trying to delete the packages from NPC's, it just runs into a problem and crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Give your NPC the item Hoe01

in the AI section Choose the package UseItemAt then choose the location, a good place to test this is tamika's vinyard, if you are still not sure then just open up tamika and look at how it's done in her AI. Dont forget to tick the MustReachLocation and MustComplete boxes and in the target section click any object, then object ID Hoe01 and leave the count at 0, they will then perform the anim for as long as the duration is set.