Horse Behavior Overhaul

beligerantmuskrat

I've been hankering for a good overhaul of horse behavior because they don't do much in the vanilla game, unfortunately, and there aren't many options for keeping horses. I'd love if someone were to make a mod where you can keep horses in a certain confined area that you can fence off and the horse will roam around inside it. Perhaps a grazing animation could be created for this?

I also think it'd be awesome if an animation was added that would make horses browse from hay stacks/piles when they're idling and graze when being ridden and the player is unresponsive for x amount of time. Also, none of that walking back to home s#*! for stolen horses, at least not right away. I think it'd be great if they just sort of roamed around after you dismount, interact with the environment and what not, and maybe they could walk back home after a certain amount of time has passed? A mod configuration menu could be implemented for customization!

Also, horse breeding! Though I have a feeling there may be mods for this out there already?

Edited by beligerantmuskrat

There is "Convenient Horses", a great mod that has been covered by Gopher in his Skyrim Mod Sanctuary series. There is no grazing or breeding, but it does fix a lot of other issues involving horses in the vanilla game.