Genetic memory

Keanumoreira

There has been alot of conriversy that genetic memory could be a reality. Many scientists agree that this theory is outside the realm of science fiction because they insist that every single part of the human body, including memories, is passed on once reproduction has succeeded. The only problem with this however, is that we don't take on every trait we recieve from one of our parents, only half, although all their renments of their genetic makeup stays with us. This means, at least to some scientists, that genetic memory can't possibly function because we'd only recieve a partial cut of that parents memories and their ancestors, making for a jumbled mess. However, scientists conclude that because memory is a chemical reaction within the brain, this chemical makeup is passed on to the child, 100%. Others believe memories to be strictly tied to the father and his ancestors. But genetic memory so far hasn't been proven, but think about it. Everything in our body, while we can see it, or not, dominant or recessive, is from our parents, we contain every genetic particle from our parents, even if only half from each determines what traits we get. This must mean then, that genetic memory is present. Some disagree though that chemicals in the body can't be genetic, if not then how did they get there? Does this so called passed on memories exsist, can we truthfully say that the only remnants of our ancesters, what they saw,felt,heard,smelled,tasted,and thought, are locked away in our head? Is there genetic memory, or are we fooling ourselves?

Yes there is memory in your cells. The memory gets washed away when you face things as they are. An energy gets awakened. Vivid dreams come. Insights on the workings of nature. All that stuff. Yet whoever attach to it will get fat once again.

So the formula is: LOOK, but dont attach. Let it go. Passes. Passes. Passes.

You are prior of all thought.

In terms of genetics scientist knows little. You can be totally other persona then your parents. Your parents can be bad material yet you can totally excell.

There is enough examples so i wont go into that.

Maybe someone want to comment on that.

There is a difference between a "memory" that an ancestor experienced (saw a saber-tooth tiger eat his girlfriend) verses genetic (blueprint) coding...which can explain things like instincts such as the instinct a babe exhibits with the suckling behavior. Instinct = Being pre-wired to act / re-act a certain way...but not because you remember to do it.

I don't think we can feel the experience of our ancestors like watching a TV show or as if you were the one witnessing somebody get eaten by a saber-tooth tiger. Our memories and experiences are like data stored on a hard drive. Even though another hard drive is made just like our hard drive (cloning for example), it will be an empty hard drive because the blue prints were used to create the new hard drive...there is still a TON of data on the original hard drive but it does not "transfer" over to the new hard drive.

Although, being able to transfer the memories / experiences of other people would be cool...but only if it were selective. :wink:

LHammonds

Guess there is less genetic memory left that does not deal with linear growth of the individual and the preservation (reproduction and the inzest taboo of all hominidae) as well as the environmentally mutability of the species (e.g. loss of body hair, body size and color). Exceptions are perhaps swimming reflecting our origins from the water, fear from the dark, anticipated pain stimulus and aggressive behavior as well as the tendency towards deportation of old individuals as a sign of all hunting species.

Our genes have seemingly no ability to learn from history - neither individual nor collective social experiences are to be inherited (e.g war and its losses as well as peace and its advantages, ecological awareness and risk assessment). Possibly the shift from a pure hunter/collector society primarily competing wolves as food competitors towards an all-dominating armed agricultural culture competing primarily each other for land has isolated men from the rest of the living, followed perhaps by a decline in the common mutability compared to other species.

just my 2 cts.

Hello,

(Hannah, I couldn`t resist :wink:)

With all due respect, there are a number of suppositions of the the original post that are presumed definitive, therefore flawed. There are numerous examples of supposed controversial research that have provided us with great insight into to the greater picture of our existence and who we truly are. I personally believe that limiting ourselves to this base perspective, that has surreptitiously been dealt us, hinders any real development for us as individuals and additionally as viable members of the universe. Fundamental understanding, nonetheless is base and we should always respect this knowledge, but move quickly onward. Obviously there are massive holes in anthropological and theologian perspectives.

Disclaimer: I have personally spent my entire existence here asking all the perennial questions, as apparently you may have as well. I have to say though that few are subjected to certain circumstances. As enigmatic and crazy as it may seem: all the answers are available and all you have to do is listen...dogma is fundamentally flawed: patience and perspective are underrated.

James

Hello,

(Hannah, I couldn`t resist :wink:)

With all due respect, there are a number of suppositions of the the original post that are presumed definitive, therefore flawed. There are numerous examples of supposed controversial research that have provided us with great insight into to the greater picture of our existence and who we truly are. I personally believe that limiting ourselves to this base perspective, that has surreptitiously been dealt us, hinders any real development for us as individuals and additionally as viable members of the universe. Fundamental understanding, nonetheless is base and we should always respect this knowledge, but move quickly onward. Obviously there are massive holes in anthropological and theologian perspectives.

Disclaimer: I have personally spent my entire existence here asking all the perennial questions, as apparently you may have as well. I have to say though that few are subjected to certain circumstances. As enigmatic and crazy as it may seem: all the answers are available and all you have to do is listen...dogma is fundamentally flawed: patience and perspective are underrated.

James

You could have said simply that humans don't remember events, knowledge such as language, or even maintain skills learned consistently from one generation to another, and that there are no studies which indicate that they do, and such a notion can instantly be disproven just by taking a look at the population at large. Use of big, needlessly complicated words and references to religion just increases the chance that people will misunderstand completely and assume that you're arguing for or against some religious basis to the discussion. This is a message board, not a research paper, things written here should probably be designed in a way that they are something which should be understandable by most. Just saying...

Hi Vagrant0,

Vocabulary is a form of personal expression, critiquing this is counterproductive. If you believe this is a Google Translate issue, please indicate so. Furthermore, I hope your not attempting to reduce someones communication to what some refer to as the 'lowest common denominator' as this unto itself is problematic. :tongue: Hey, I love prime numbers! What is interesting though is that your interpretation of my post is not at all what I was attempting to convey. FYI the 'message' pertains to esoteric knowledge, it exists.

Apparently I still really have to work on my communication skills. Regretfully, I have to say though that I will not be back, with all due respect.

~James

Hi Vagrant0,

Vocabulary is a form of personal expression, critiquing this is counterproductive. If you believe this is a Google Translate issue, please indicate so. Furthermore, I hope your not attempting to reduce someones communication to what some refer to as the 'lowest common denominator' as this unto itself is problematic. :tongue: Hey, I love prime numbers! What is interesting though is that your interpretation of my post is not at all what I was attempting to convey. FYI the 'message' pertains to esoteric knowledge, it exists.

Apparently I still really have to work on my communication skills. Regretfully, I have to say though that I will not be back, with all due respect.

~James

Actually I didn´t understand one word of your former post, I don´t call for Google translations, just plain English. And thank you to Vagrant0 :thumbsup:

Ah I don't blame him. Let him express himself anyway he wants to. Anyone is free to do this on my topics, just as long as they don't cause trouble, like my cat who decides eating my pillows is appropiate.

Hi Vagrant0,

Vocabulary is a form of personal expression, critiquing this is counterproductive. Furthermore, I hope your not attempting to reduce someones communication to what some refer to as the 'lowest common denominator' as this unto itself is problematic.

What is interesting though is that your interpretation of my post is not at all what I was attempting to convey.

One is the cause of the other. If you don't feel like writing your message in a way which it could be understood, you should not be so upset when it is misunderstood due to using complicated words which don't quite fit together. No offense was intended, but it is rather impossible to have someone debate what you say when they can't understand your words. Unfortunately, Google doesn't translate from English to Plain English yet. The 'lowest common denominator' issue you refer to does not apply since your word usage seems specifically intended to appeal only to those you perceive as being 'intellectuals' or 'on equal ground with yourself', and thus appears rather sophomoric and condescending. There is nothing wrong with stating things in plain, common, English and using uncommon terms or relations when nothing else will fit. You may use your vocabulary, but you should not post simply to show it off. This is what I meant.

But thank you for proving the point that knowledge is not something which is inherent and passed down in our genetic code. If it were, we would not have conflicts and misunderstandings such as this. We are not born understanding each other or ourselves (especially since selfishness and fear of difference is a more natural response), we must have learned these things at some point actively.

Edited by Vagrant0