Character texture replacement not working

Tattorack

I'm not too sure if its only the characters (since I downloaded "natural enviroment" and noticed only some changes) but no matter what overwrite/replace textures I instal don't seem to work at all, still just seeing vanilla textures.

With the exception of head textures, I easily replaced the head texture of the Khajiit.

But body textures don't.

The texture path is in the obvious location:

Games>Oblivion>Data>Textures>Characters>[/species name]

Then there re also some textures by Nuska but they change the heads only:

Games>Oblivion>Data>Textures>Characters>Nuska>[/species name]

I'm using HGEC body for the females and Roberts Male body for the males (of wich only the mesh appears to work, not the textures).

Does Oblivion keep textures somewhere else besides the texture directory?

If so, where?

And are they replacable?

None, in fact.

But I just found out about it in the instructions connected to a mod and so I did the "recommended/selected default" invalidation... though I still have vanilla textures...

If you're using the Steam version of the game you'll need to click "Update BSA Timestamps" as well (if you are using OBMM to take care of archive invalidation).

Nope, not a Steam version.

I use Steam more as a type of game browser if I ever would want to buy a game.

I heard so many times about trouble trying to mod a game that had been installed via Steam that I'm avoiding buying any game there.

You'll need to browse through the OCOv2 mod comments then. I'm not at my gaming computer for a few more days so don't have anything else I can suggest off the top of my head.