Latest patch (1.2.0416) won't install

Xenobuzz

I'm actually having this same issue right now. I was surprised to find I'm not updated to 1.2.(0)416 with GOTY. Concerned if for some reason the UK English version patch may work (that would be odd), but I can't find a UK Shivering Isles patch on this site, and it in fact does not work either, stops shorter than the English patch.

The thing is, I was reinstalling to ensure latest version of UOPs because it seems OMOD version will not work right with the supplementals if I'm reading the read-me correctly aboutthe lack of intelligence of OBMM's OMOD feature. Yet, UOPs claim they require the 1.2.416 patch and I have not ran into issues using them without it. Looking at UESP for information on the version of the game stated GOTY is allegedly only patched to the 1.1 patch fix only, though I know it is an early 1.2 patch, meaning none of them have 1.2.416, and it does not provide the patch when I explore the disc.

So my question of concern is going to be if the patch does not work on GOTY, or if I need to unpack the BSA files into the folders prior to patching? I ran both as Administrator, and nothing got moved by Win 7 UAC from what I can tell, so I'm confused if that could have the angle of the issue.

I thought one of the programs like Wrye Bash actually had the official patch built in, but I only just got into it and don't recall what source made that statement, but I recall something being stated as having it built in and would apply it if needed.

I'm just going to wing it and enjoy it as is, and if I get issues, well, it isn't like it would be that surprising for Oblivion to have issues anyway.

Edited by ChaosApostle

With the GOTY version you have to install BOTH disks. Disk 2 updates Oblivion to Version 1.2.0416.

Additionally, with Vista and Win 7 you really have to install to something other than the default (program files) location.

You can verify the version by right clicking the Oblivion.exe file, select properties, then details and read the version number.

... so it is... hmm... yet funny it did change 1 or two files prior. I wonder why UESP has it stated otherwise? I'll have to look again on the page, maybe they did state that and I overlooked it.

thanks

yeah, they worded it weird. They say that 1.1 is with the first disc, yet that both are equivalent to 1.2.1 patch. Instead of saying that both put you to 1.2.0416 patch. I could see how even others could get confused by that as well.

Edited by ChaosApostle

Also, while there are separate patches for the UK English and US English for Oblivion. SI uses the SAME patch for both. :rolleyes: Maybe sometimes we do speak the same language.

No, it just means that Bethesda speak the same gibberish to both. Thank goodness the Nexus hosts a backup copy of the CS.

• 1 year later...
Is there a no cd 120416 patch out there? or a unofficial 120416 patch? plus im sick of people just posting there problem..Some one answer our damn questions -.- plus i get that wierd message too something about cant find a file but found a file with the same name?

Is there a no cd 120416 patch out there? or a unofficial 120416 patch? plus im sick of people just posting there problem..Some one answer our damn questions -.- plus i get that wierd message too something about cant find a file but found a file with the same name?

That's rich, considering you're asking for an illegal patch, in a thread that's two and a half years old!