Awakenings rant

XTR3M368

Ok, I just finished the DLC (yes, that's what it basically is) after getting bored about halfway through it. Decided to end it just to see the finale, and what a joke. The only good thing was that I went back to Leliana for good instead of the "together for a time" bit from Origins. And my sword is stolen? WTF?? And why is the high dragon ghost the hardest thing to beat? And that wasn't hard. I ported in from Origins at level 25, and somehow I get the feeling that the opponents are not levelled with me in the DLC like they are in Origins. Why? And what happened to Oghren? He went from be the funny man to a sad, drunken, absentee father?? At least Sigrun had some good one liners, but the others were just plain dull. I was hoping more from them as the game went on, but nothing. The one fun part to play was the Blight Orfens quests if only to help the bar patrons pick on the Revered Mother and the one guys girlfriend. Here's to hoping my sweet Leliana's DLC is much better than this. :confused:

EDIT: Ok, I have to admit to one funny side effect of this, I ended Origins with the Warden Commander armor I got from Sophia Dryden, and it did not port in. Plus, I have Natural Bodies installed, so during the opening sequence my character is "saluting" Mhairi as we are walking down the road. It was at least good for a laugh, but then the fight started.....

You need to use a difficulty mod...that's why it was too easy.

• 1 month later...

Woah Guys before you rant understand the Game first!

I know Mhairi is a good companion cause you kinda got a loyal apprentices and a good tank compare to the companions you got later in the game.

I know most of the later companions you got are apostate, female dog , a bum , a coward, your worst enemy (Human Origins) and a dead man. Yeah I know they are the worst companion you got but if you gonna compare yourself to Duncan, Duncan's recruit are also worst like an idiot templar male without a father son, a coward but a champion and a thief and also including most of the Origins meaning you! They are also the worst! Does Duncan complain?

Sorry for being Optimistic but i think Awakening is really fun like commanding the worst of the worst like in some Hollywood Movie and its features kinda realistic and fun like the consequence of saving the Vigil Keeps and Amarantine.

In real life Folks there is no happy ending so stop whining like a female dog!!!!

I agree with just about everything, except what you said about Sigrun,

I think she's pretty cool. She's a tough woman but she has a good heart. A new headmorph to fix up her face a bit (most especially remove that awful makeup, which I feel is highly inappropriate for a soldier) makes her quite attractive alluring as a lady of valor and war. Don't you dare diss dwarven women! They're very loverly when done right....

I liked a lot of what Awakening tried to achieve (for an expansion). Yeah there were things I'd like to have seen happen, but I'm guessing that would mean effectively making a full game. I would've liked more choice in companions, personalities, rep etc .. and maybe a few extra areas.

Having said that though I've played through it a few times so it can't be all that bad hehe.

I think she's pretty cool. She's a tough woman but she has a good heart. A new headmorph to fix up her face a bit (most especially remove that awful makeup, which I feel is highly inappropriate for a soldier) makes her quite attractive alluring as a lady of valor and war.

@Lehcar; Hey now. I'm with Anders, I like Sigrun's tats! (Ok, he was speaking to Velanna, but the line always makes me think of Sigi...)

Don't you dare diss dwarven women! They're very loverly when done right....

Damn straight! (See avatar) :thumbsup:

But back on topic, I think Happy51 hit the mark. If you look at Awakening as, "You're the new Duncan", it makes a lot of sense. And dealing with the shortcomings of your companions just comes with "being the Warden Commander"! ;D

I quite liked Awakening. I don't know where all these bug rants are coming from, I've only came across 1 or 2 very minor bugs!

Good points - I like the new counterparts introduced, especially Anders and his witty one liners. There is plenty to do in this DLC, which is great.

Bad points - I played through Awakening as my Origins character (after completion of Origins) and I was quite dissapointed to the lack of interactivity between old characters from Origins and mine. There is one or two small dialogue options to choose such as "It's good to see you again". But that's IT! There is no reminiscing or even a lighter attitude towards you. You are just "the warden commander".

Overall I enjoyed Awakening, regardless of the elusive bugs and old counterparts with amnesia.

yeah thats the cons of Awakening!!

Not enough interaction with the Origins Characters??

Also the sad thing in Awakenings they remove your loyal Mabari companion!

I really miss that dog!!

I think Bioware really gone lazy doing this DLC but still its a fun game to do so!

I think she's pretty cool. She's a tough woman but she has a good heart. A new headmorph to fix up her face a bit (most especially remove that awful makeup, which I feel is highly inappropriate for a soldier) makes her quite attractive alluring as a lady of valor and war.

@Lehcar; Hey now. I'm with Anders, I like Sigrun's tats! (Ok, he was speaking to Velanna, but the line always makes me think of Sigi...)

Don't you dare diss dwarven women! They're very loverly when done right....

Damn straight! (See avatar) :thumbsup:

But back on topic, I think Happy51 hit the mark. If you look at Awakening as, "You're the new Duncan", it makes a lot of sense. And dealing with the shortcomings of your companions just comes with "being the Warden Commander"! ;D

I was talking about just her makeup (esp the lipstick), not the tats :)

People like Valenna? She is a downright female dog :<, I killed her without even letting her talk lolz. I hate her so much.

As for Mhairi, I don't even remember how to spell it, if I also don't really care if I got it wrong. Justice is a better character and he is a tanking warrior.

I think I dislike about Awakening though is not being able to ask your companions about themselves :/. I don't care about romance, but it would be nice to talk to them. They talk amongst themselves but you can't really interact with them, except for the random "holding down TAB constantly" objects.

That really is the biggest annoyance, other than the fact that the story isn't as fulfilling or engaging as the first.

People like Valenna? She is a downright female dog :<, I killed her without even letting her talk lolz. I hate her so much.

As for Mhairi, I don't even remember how to spell it, if I also don't really care if I got it wrong. Justice is a better character and he is a tanking warrior.

I think I dislike about Awakening though is not being able to ask your companions about themselves :/. I don't care about romance, but it would be nice to talk to them. They talk amongst themselves but you can't really interact with them, except for the random "holding down TAB constantly" objects.

That really is the biggest annoyance, other than the fact that the story isn't as fulfilling or engaging as the first.

I agree about the romance part, I didn't care if they could be romanced, but I was hoping for more interaction similar to KOTOR2 where you gain their trust to willingly become GW's, not just conscript them like Anders and Nathaniel. It was that lost potential for character development that I missed that soured DAA for me. And that some of the combat sequences threw baddies after baddies for no apparent reason. Some battles took forever in places where it almost stopped the plot, and then others not enough to help carry the plot. It just did not have the "flow" that DAO had.