Awakenings rant

XTR3M368

Awakening wasn't soooo bad. The reason why it's easy because well.. you're pretty much overpowered by now,even as my dw warrior just dawning his origin gear and not upgrading he was super op. I say it served it's role as the story continuer well despite the really bad ending of cliffhanging scene. I just wonder if there will be another story continuer or is this the end of the tale's origin. I think they could of made a better attempt at scaling the enemies or imposing daunting challenges.

I will have to agree with you that Awakening's wasn't all that bad. Will have to admit that I would have loved to have had Mhari survive the Joining. After all for a good portion of the play through you've only got guys in the party. What was up with that there at least with Origins you were able to get Morganna fairly early. One of the battles for which was a real downer for me was with the "Brood Mothers. Thought that battle in Ozzamar was allot better. At least in that one you fought her head on and not just dropped stones on them to take them out. Now that there was just to easy. As for the battle with the Inferno Golem and Lost just before you took on the Brood Mothers now I liked that there. Not to mention you can have a great set of armor made. Will just have to do that one first next time through. Didn't care for Anders much to prissy if you ask me. I dumped him for the dwarf when I picked her up. Wouldn't have minded having Lelianna back for this one though. Also the fact that there was no romancing in this one was a real downer as well.

One can simply not say enough negative things about awakening. The single positive aspect of the expansion in my mind is that the story is at least entertaining. My most scathing criticisms of the expansion has to do with the woeful imbalance of character versus environment.

I am not one of those players who can solo origins on nightmare. I do not have the patience for countless reloads and f9 spamming. I do like a challenge though, and awakening offers exactly zero of those. Awakening is the no-wipe expansion. The fights are simply not difficult from a game mechanics standpoint. What passes for "challenging" in awakening is a rage-inducing train of overwhelms. "oh look, that grub is going to overwhelm my toon, that's 5 in a row....truly challenging game mechanics there....Awe-inspiring attention to detail...."

There is a reason why power gamers never pen thousand-word explanations of their awakening builds and tactics.....because a mage (non-aw) auto-attacking with a stave could solo it.

just really really bad. Awakening offers about 3% the replay-ability of origins and roughly 1.5% of the challenge.

Try this: Get the advanced tactics mod and set up a rogue as a dagger/dagger dex-backstab build.

1) enter dungeon solo

2) place on aggressive

3) take a shower/do some homework/ do the dishes.

4)...

5) return to completed dungeon.

I hated that I 100% completed this on nightmare in about two hours. Thats $20 an hour. I expected short and poorly made but I thought it would at least take me 4 hours.

Well now I sure would like to know what armor and weapons you were using that you were able to finish so quickly on Nightmare. I mean come on now lets get real here.

• 2 weeks later...
pin the blame on EA my friend once again they tend to cut corners and make the game developers and such rush so they can meet their pitiful deadline my guess is mhairi wasnt originally supposed to die (as evidence of the fact she has an approval bar they may have forgotten to remove) but EA prolly threatened bioware with the banhammer if they did'nt hurry up and finish the game, they have no patience alot of EA sold games tend to be like this. There are several areas in awakening that you can tell were rushed. They could have added so much more if given 3 more months. I'm starting to actually avoid EA titles now for fear i'm going to waste my money on a half baked game where they try to hide the games flaws with the graphics for absolute shame.(dragon age was not one of those it was well worth the 40 dollars i spent probably the best rpg game ive ever played graphic and storywise. awakening was worthwhile too but its so obvious where they cut corners that it just makes me facepalm)

pin the blame on EA my friend once again they tend to cut corners and make the game developers and such rush so they can meet their pitiful deadline my guess is mhairi wasnt originally supposed to die (as evidence of the fact she has an approval bar they may have forgotten to remove) but EA prolly threatened bioware with the banhammer if they did'nt hurry up and finish the game, they have no patience alot of EA sold games tend to be like this. There are several areas in awakening that you can tell were rushed. They could have added so much more if given 3 more months. I'm starting to actually avoid EA titles now for fear i'm going to waste my money on a half baked game where they try to hide the games flaws with the graphics for absolute shame.(dragon age was not one of those it was well worth the 40 dollars i spent probably the best rpg game ive ever played graphic and storywise. awakening was worthwhile too but its so obvious where they cut corners that it just makes me facepalm)

I'm noticing the same thing as you in regards to the EA games and the fact that they are being rushed. Even the 1.04 patch was rushed as it created more problems than I ever had with 1.03. I wish they would all you to run the DLC like GOA and WH with either 1.03 0r 1.04.

As for Awakeings your can definately tell that it was rushed through as they could have expaned much more on it that that for which they did. Don't get me wrong it was pretty good in general but it was to short. DAO I enjoy playing through it and plan on playing through it a few more times. As for the DA 2 I think I'm going to wait before I buy that one there. After all I've yet to hear how much game play time for which we can expect out of it for starters. So I'm not in no hurry for theme to release it.

They want you to pre order the game now but they don't say what they are giving you for pre ordering it At least with DAO when you pre ordered You got the Armor; Shield, etc.

All this hate makes me feel bad for buying it (have not played it yet).

Meh, it's not that bad; it has its faults and they are all here in one spot and that is why they are so glaring. It will take a few trips through the expansion to experience them all. So load it up and play it, I'll bet you play it at least twice.

I hated that I 100% completed this on nightmare in about two hours. Thats $20 an hour. I expected short and poorly made but I thought it would at least take me 4 hours.

Cool exaggeration. I don't even think you could run through the game in 2 hours. Took me 13 hours to beat it on hard and I didn't cover a fair chunk of content. Then again, I generally do take my time when playing a RPG through the first time.

Just don't listen to it. Play the game and see how it is for yourself. Personally, I think it's good. I played through it twice in a row and even after that I kind of wanted to go again. If you don't care about dressing your party up like supermodels, you'll probably find this expansion quite enjoyable.

Cool exaggeration. I don't even think you could run through the game in 2 hours. Took me 13 hours to beat it on hard and I didn't cover a fair chunk of content. Then again, I generally do take my time when playing a RPG through the first time.

Just don't listen to it. Play the game and see how it is for yourself. Personally, I think it's good. I played through it twice in a row and even after that I kind of wanted to go again. If you don't care about dressing your party up like supermodels, you'll probably find this expansion quite enjoyable.

I will also agree with your comment you made about playing it fhrough yourself. As I highly enjoyed it. Only thing is in my opinion I just wish that it had been allot longer.

I will have to agree with you I don't see how he could have ran thorugh ththe game in 2 hours on Nightmare and completed everything. There is just one way for which I can see it being done. Unless he's using some game breaking Items like I've seen posted in the Mods area ro running on God mode. As for me I don't even use the console comnnands as I've never been able to figure out how to get them to work.