ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fresh install and already dirty edits?

Glenn81

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install the Epic Overhaul Mod, which is quite a pain in the ass.

I deleted the game via steam and then the Skyrim folder from my HDD, before making a clear re-install (I own the legendary edition, so Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn gets automatically installed with it.)

Now I ran BOSS and it tells me:

• Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

Is that normal? Especially the 619 items in Dawnguard, considering it's a fresh install (I didn't even properly started the game yet, only went to the loading screen once to auto-detect my settings)

Also, in the installation description (I won't call it a guide) of EOM, it says to let BOSS sort out the load order. How is that done? Or do I have to manually sort all the esm in the order that boss shows them to me in the log?

Regards.

Yeah, this is 'normal'. This is how the files come :)

BOSS (or LOOT) uses a masterlist to check if any esp's/esm's are recognized and puts them in the best load order it can to prevent as much issues as possible. It won't always detect everything, and it is important to read the description and F.A.Q.'s on mod pages when you start installing mods.

So after exiting BOSS or LOOT (for LOOT you have to press apply first I think) the files are set in the reported order. You don't have to do it manually.

I don't know if you use Mod Organizer or NMM, but since you have a fresh install I would advise using Mod Organizer. It virtualizes the mod folders to keep your Skyrim Data Folder clean:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer