Do you suggest me to play Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls Online?

AssassinWizard

Hi. As a Skyrim-player, I want to ask some questions about Bethesda's other games.

I have realized that the people which make Skyrim video such as Walkthroughs, has a Fallout 3 icon on their desktops. Most of Skyrim fan probably love Fallout 3, too. Do you suggest me to play it?

And Elder Scrolls Online has been released as you know but, as I've heard Skyrim is much better than it. What do you think? Is it worth to pay every month to play Elder Scrolls Online?

Thank you very much.

The only thing ESO has going for it is some of the lore. Which you can get without having to play the game. It is a mediocre MMO, not even close to the WoW Killer it was claimed to be (though, lets face it, nothing has been) and isn't really good enough to warrant the subscription. If it were free to play, i'd recommend it, but not as a subscription game.

As for Fallout 3... I highly recommend it. And New Vegas (even if i didn't enjoy New Vegas at all...). It's a little over-dependant on its VATS system, and if you're tired of bleak wastelands it may wear on you (maybe that's why Skyrim's environments have been the brunt of so many complaints, people were already over-wasteland-ed) but the games themselves are great. I still play Fallout 3 from time to time.

I highly recommend both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, with plenty of mods installed of course. :smile: Actually, I am in the middle of New Vegas right now, a bit late getting to it. Enjoying it! Definitely going to recommend FWE FO3 Wanderers Edition for Fallout 3 and Project Nevada for New Vegas, excellent customizable gameplay overhauls that make both games much better, IMO.

I do not play MMOs, so ESO has never interested me at all. I prefer having mod authors creative content installed for my single player games.

^ Like above, I think most people will recommend the Fallouts, but not necessarily ESO as I've seen it described more as a generic MMO with an ES skin (which is not necessarily a bad thing, but not what most people want). If it were free to play, I'd consider giving it a go, at least, but I like the single-player experience in games like Skyrim.

Personally, I haven't been able to get into Fallout NV much so far. It's my first Fallout game, but I guess I just prefer the fantasy setting vs post-apocalyptic. I keep telling myself that I'll give it another honest go after I'm done with Skyrim, but that has yet to happen :)