likes verses hates?

Pyrosocial

8 members have voted

1. 1. should you like more things than you hate?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

I was reading something the other day and came upon the question of "Should I like more things than I hate?"

I thought about this for a second, and realized that i could think of more things that irked me, or that I hated a lot more easily as opposed to things i like.

Same go for you or, am I just pessimistic?

Of course im sure i do but things that i hate come to mind first.

Maybe this are things wanting to be dealt with in a responsible manner so you can feel better afterwards. So in reality could be hidden blessing. Have you thought about things that way? Try it in your life and see where it goes.

I was reading something the other day and came upon the question of "Should I like more things than I hate?"

I thought about this for a second, and realized that i could think of more things that irked me, or that I hated a lot more easily as opposed to things i like.

About those hateful things that come to mind...

I've read these days that scientists had proven that the limbic system stimulates strong chemical reactions if you experience traumatic situations.  The effect is like writing it with a chisel on a stone in the mind and that's why negative emotions/situations/ memories come up to mind more easily than positive ones.  

Hopefully that this is helpful. 

SilverDNA

About those hateful things that come to mind...

I've read these days that scientists had proven that the limbic system stimulates strong chemical reactions if you experience traumatic situations.  The effect is like writing it with a chisel on a stone in the mind and that's why negative emotions/situations/ memories come up to mind more easily than positive ones.  

Hopefully that this is helpful. 

SilverDNA

To add to that, there are fewer degrees of hate than there are with liking something. You can hate things a little, or a lot, and define them as such. But there are things which you don't necessarily hate, but don't like well enough to acknowledge that you particularly like them. In contrast, most of the things which you only slightly dislike are still regarded as being something which is hated as if ignoring the degree to which it was actually hated entirely and just grouping it with the rest.

The problem is really when you discover that there are many more things you have absolutely no feelings, positive or negative about than those that you do. This general apathy toward the world can be hinting of a more significant problem which might be linked with depression, or atleast makes it difficult for normal people to understand what motivates you or is of interest.

Hate... hate... hate...

I hate how Hoshi goes off on hard-to-understand Haiku. I wonder if it is depression? I'm so depressed... why can't I understand Hoshi!

Hehe, On-topic.

I'm under the impression that hate and like are learned reactions based on experience of positive and negative actions. Silver DNA puts it best, but allow me to extrapolate. Racism is a form of hate, no? There is debate that Racism is caused by a learned response. Parents, peers, and powers that be are proven to be an influence in what people think at all ages. This includes the formation of hateful opinion about an object, or group.

Apathy, as Vagrant already describes, is the lack of any response to a subject due to a lack of knowledge on the subject. I don't see it as a bad thing, as it is better than hate-filled propaganda towards an unknown. Ignorance is bliss....

Wha? :biggrin:

Am i to obvious? Guess one can write a song about it, but what it essentially comes down to is this: You are afraid to give of yourself. Of being vulnerable.

So the formula is to give the part that you lack and then it comes into yourself.

For-giving. For-givance.

For-before i was just being gaga but now i am content.

Everybody is afraid there is not one person on the planet that is not afraid.

So dont be afraid Pyrosocial.

Be yourself.

I just love a nice spring, my cats, a lovely violent thunderstorm, a blizzard, plants, the sea, my wife, my self. Yes, in that order I think. :whistling:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

EDIT: I am not so happy about big spiders (sorry AS), but I never kill them. I live with what I don´t like :thumbsup:

Right there was a poll! :biggrin: Well,

I like the flowers, I like the daffodills, i like mountains, i like the rolling hills, i like the campfire, when all the lights are low.

Hey wheres my wife.

Da Boom di-a-dah, boom di-a-dah, Boom di-a-dah, boom di-a-dah...

:biggrin:

No ones free of errors, we just a crazy world, mad ghouls and zombies, what reality this all got, now where is the pyrosocial or sometimes it also happens i just tend to loose my text.