I need help with an issue, its to do with .esps

Im not sure if this is a common problem, a technical glitch, something to do with location or internet plan or simply beginer's stupidity on my part, but regardless, ive got an issue here. I recently "blew up" my install of oblivion. I installed deadly reflex 5 but didnt realise that part of my copy of shivering isle was still present in that file, I had thought it uninstalled long ago, after it itself crashed and burned. the upshot was that DR5, which doesnt work with SI on my systemprevented the game starting no matter what tricks I tried, and nor could I expunge the last remnants of my SI install, so I had to reinstall. Ive had no issues with mods so far, the textures and meshes are installing normally, for once the OMODS are all co-operating and Ive got 90% of my collection reinstalled now, 5 hours on, but something is bugging me. when I download mods from TESNEXUS and filefront oblivion, for some reason only some of the .esps work, I got OOO, ren+soya, exnem hgec and a few other classics working without a hitch but for some reason even though they installed normaly the .esps for glenvar castle, hemingway's capes and xenius' race compilation, when activated dont do anything, Ive been to the site of glenvar, and its gone, with vanilla woodland where it was, I dont get ANY custom races despite having the fix loaded, and the capes from hem's capes dont show up in vendor lists, what could this be to do witrh? and how might I fix it? im currently using OMOD and OBSE, of the lastest versions :geek:

well, now Ive got the esps all working and my mod collection restored to its former glory Ive got a new problem: obse

obse is something I use alot-and in part the reason my last installation exploded, I'd like to have it running so I can access the more code intensive mods, like crossbows of cyrodiil and DR5, but that would require shivering isles and after what it did to my computer this morning Im not doing THAT again for a long time, Im wondering if I can somewhere find the older version of obse lurking, or otherwise get a vanilla 1.24 freindly version, as its simply not practical for me to either not have it, or to be forced to run SI as that would prevent me from even starting oblivion in the first place, :geek:

As you seem to have learned the only way to get rid of Si is to completely reinstall. The reason is SI is not a mod or DLC, it is an upgrade to the game and actually makes changes in the Oblivion.exe program (the game itself). Although why you cannot use DR5 with SI is beyond me. It seems to work for everyone else.

My guess as to why some mods just don't work is you need the latest patch as well as OBSE, and you must start the game with OBSE for OBSE to work.

• 1 month later...