ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Possible SKSE Crash

jpapasso4

For me, I got this CTD when I uninstalled an ESM file but forgot that one of my ESPs had a reliance upon it. I think I uninstalled Moonpath but left the Moonpath HD Texture-mod installed. The ESP was calling out to an ESM file and I crashed before the main menu had fully loaded. Once I disabled the ESP with the dependency it stopped happening.

I know you feel this is more SKSE related so sorry if this isn't relevant.

Ok... Yes, TES5edit ran thru with no errors, BOSS came back with no errors (a few warnings of dirty edits but no patches to fix them, and I really don't know enough to clean them myself)

I deleted and refreshed the .inis, and that seemed to work until I got about 10 mins in and crash...

It seems its a mod causing the crashing... I thought to myself, I got it working yesterday, what did I do different since then, Then I remember I installed the Loose Base Scripts for RaceMenu (since the game told me my base script was out of date...) so I uninstalled that and was able to get a decent amount of play time...

Until I tried to open a barter window... at first it appeared nothing would happen... I tried to Barter with the smith in Riverwood, and no window opened when I asked what he had for sale... Then I exited, ran across the road to Riverwood Trader, and did the same... again, no window, exited that one and the game hung for a split sec, the Barter dialog opened (like it always does explaining the window the first time you barter) and I was bartering with the smith again! exited that (because I wasnt near him, I was in Riverwood Trader), turned to try again, and crash with "Close Skyrim or find a solution online" dialog... now I need to figure out what mod is conflicting with my bartering... and thats not as simple as Id like...

Any ideas?

Joe

This is a hard job :/

Thats the reason why i use mod organizer and i can recommand it to you ;)

I would clean your install.

You can do it by uninstalling evrything or easily delete evrething in the data folder exept:

• Delete all folders except Interface, Strings, and Video.
  • Delete all loose files except: HighResTexturePack01.bsa HighResTexturePack02.bsa Skyrim - Animations.bsa Skyrim - Interface.bsa Skyrim - Meshes.bsa Skyrim - Misc.bsa Skyrim - Shaders.bsa Skyrim - Sounds.bsa Skyrim - Textures.bsa Skyrim - Voices.bsa Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa Update.bsa Skyrim.esm Update.esm HighResTexturePack01.esp HighResTexturePack02.esp
    1. Inside Data/Strings delete everything except: Skyrim_<insertyourlanguage>.DLSTRINGS Update_<insertyourlanguage>.DLSTRINGS Skyrim_<insertyourlanguage>.ILSTRINGS Update_<insertyourlanguage>.ILSTRINGS Skyrim_<insertyourlanguage>.STRINGS Update_<insertyourlanguage>.STRINGS
      1. Inside Data/Interface delete everything except: "TRANSLATE_<insertyourlanguage>.txt"
      2. After this reinstall SKSE
      3. For an easyier Reinstall i would recommand to use mod organizer or NMM

To me it seems like a script issue, I had the same problem once, It did fix for a brief time after uninstalling Mrissi, but after a few hours the problem came back... So it has something to do with scripts (I think)... To be honest I couldn´t fix it so I went and started a new game...

I kinda gave up for a few days... It got a bit annoying... My next move (when I choose to make it) will be to uninstall all my mods try a new game, then install mods one (or a few) at a time... I just gotta get the motivation...

Do you have a link for this mod organizer you mentioned?