ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can't import shields to blender

Zerin99

I can import most of my armor to blender, but shields won't import. I get a script error message when I import something whether or not the mesh imports. This have anything to do with it? Do shields need to be imported with a different method than other armor meshes?

I'll try to explain my issue a little better since the process to upload pictures still eludes me. The meshes I'm talking about are armor meshes I've extracted and changed in Nifskope following this tutorial.

<http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_1>

The error message I get right after I click ok on the bottom left after selecting the file to import. The screen goes blank gray and a small message window appears where my pointer is. It says

Error

Python script error: check console

Like I said, certain meshes will import and others won't. Like imperial armor will import every time but deadric armor never imports, same for shields. Did that clarify anything?

Error

Python script error: check console

If you are on Windows, a second window will have opened when you launched Blender, a black console window.

That is what/where the error is. You should share that.

Can you provide specific paths to the data files or nif name.

Here is everything that is in the console. Sorry I'm really new to this and don't know what you mean by paths.

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.5 (running on blender 249. PyFFI 2.1.5)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “C:\Apps\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py”, line 1227, in gui_button_event

self.gui_exit()

File “C:\Apps\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py”, line 1579, in gui_exit

self. Call back(**self. config)

File “C:\Apps\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py”, line 3750, in config_callback

importer = NifImport(**config)

File “C:\Apps\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py”, line 176, in __init__

data. read(niffile)

File “C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py”, line 1354, in read

“Unknown block type ‘%s’,” % block_type)

ValueError: Unknown block type ‘BSInvMarker’.

Yeah you haven't cleaned your mesh propertly.

<!-- Skyrim specific blocks -->
<niobject name="BSInvMarker" abstract="0" inherit="NiExtraData">
    Orientation marker for Skyrim's inventory view.
    How to show the nif in the player's inventory.
    Typically attached to the root node of the nif tree.
    If not present, then Skyrim will still show the nif in inventory, using the default values.
    Name should be 'INV' (without the quotes).
    For rotations, a short of "4712" appears as "4.712" but "959" appears as "0.959"  meshes\weapons\daedric\daedricbowskinned.nif
    <add name="Rotation X" type="ushort" default="4712"></add>
    <add name="Rotation Y" type="ushort" default="6283"></add>
    <add name="Rotation Z" type="ushort" default="0"></add>
    <add name="Zoom" type="float" default="1.0">Zoom factor.</add>
</niobject>

Anywho, that should be removed.

Edit - was asking one of the guys about the marker and he had created this - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15690/?

Edited by neomonkeus

Okay so I removed the marker, and I went through the tutorial. I’ve got a few questions. When I change the dismemberment partitions to match fallout can I change them all to the BP_rightleg setting, or do I have to set them something else? I’ve been changing the user version 2 to 34 instead of 37. Should I use 37 from here on? And I’m having trouble locating the root node so I can change its name. Can you give me a hint? So I tried importing a mesh with the new changes and I still get the error message. I checked the console and I was getting the same message except the last line, it says

ValueError: unknown block type ‘ BSeffectsshaderproperty’.

Does it need to be removed as well?

I have taught you to fish is seems :D

Yes, any block it doesn't recognise it will tell you about, just like that.

Read this for the other questions you have - http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/123-3d-craftworks-importing-assets-into-blender/

Skin partition wise, its just about changing values to the old range 0 - 32, each BP_^^^^ corresponds to a number internally. Skyrim has more partitions, which means numbers out of the "expected" range.