Sierra Madre Cloud grenades/mines

Courier07

Actually, does anyone remember what the Cloud was? It sure as hell wasn't a chemical weapon. Some kind of construction accident?

the gas was created as way of preserving things if i remember right. though the think tank sure noticed its weapon value.

also i would love to use this grenade, would go nice with my mod collection i'm forming. also remember that the gas is heavy, meaning it is possible to store it in a jar so this whole project makes sense.

also i would love to use this grenade, would go nice with my mod collection i'm forming. also remember that the gas is heavy, meaning it is possible to store it in a jar so this whole project makes sense.

I think it will be fun stuff.

I'm thinking of making it have a bit of a "dissipation stage" feature. Instead of just having teh cloud do a set amount of damage per as second and last for a set amount of time I thought it might be interesting to have it in stages based on the lethality. Taking a page from cloud kiss venom, if you used cloud kiss lethal (there is also potent and weak) in your grenade or mine, it would do lethal damage for 13 seconds, then do potent damage for 13 seconds, then do weak damage for 13 seconds then disappear. Each level could have a different gas cloud model (lethal the darkest, weak the most translucent) that would be swapped out at each stage.

If you make a grenade with potent cloud kiss (rather than lethal) than there would only be two stages (potent and weak) and it would last 13 seconds less (26 seconds total). Make it with weak cloud kiss and it only last 13 seconds total (as well as weak damage).

But it's damage in total needs to be much less than the blade venom, just because cloud kiss is a killer....over powered.

EDIT: ooops quote tags were acting up.

Edited by devinpatterson

hey devin....how about a militarized version....well a psychotic inhumane version, recycle the incendiary grenade model, and replace the explosion effect with the cloud, that i dont know how to do, i released a smoke grenade mod, that has the effects of blinding those hit by it but the graphics are default incendiary

i could see a weaponized version of the cloud too, the villa was used as a testing ground for the gas, and the one guy who would have lived to tell the tale...well that explains the presence of the assassins suit in the hospital

get a (lot of a) compound that is a gas at low temperatures, like 50f and up(oxygen is a gas till negative something so its possible), that is heavier than air and put it in a sealed compound, i could see it still being there after 200 years....minus the main plaza gate being metal slats and all

Alright, so I tried to do an explosion for the cloud mines/grenades.

I based it off the fire extinguisher explosion, since it looked the closest to a gas grenade explosion to me.

I retextured the colors to be red/pink, similar to the cloud.

Tell me what you think.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577904829463809826/41C9567542EA6FEAB978AA54110681DCFC5AA1A3/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577904829463818353/4832FEBC132211912E6790A0C290063B0B52B11C/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577904829463842036/291F8EBE1EBF37C27137E4498E77691A71139C7A/

I've also been thinking that the crafting method should use pure cloud residue instead of the poison, to allow a person who isn't skilled in survival to put those items to use. You could handwave it as the residue being a powder that can be easily dispersed, while the poisons are watered down and not useful for aerial contamination.

Probably have 3 tiers, similar to the poison, but involving explosive or repair skill (e.g: Cloud Grenade Mk 1, Cloud Grenade Mk 2, Cloud Grenade Mk 3), each one doing more damage but requiring more cloud residue to use. (Mk 1 needs 1 jar of cloud residue, Mk 2 needs 2 jars, Mk 3 needs 3).

Edited by Courier07

Sorry this is going to be a real quick reply (bit chaotic on this side), but I'll try to elaborate when I have more time later

Alright, so I tried to do an explosion for the cloud mines/grenades.

Yeah you don't really want an explosion per se, or the gas will be pushed out on the wave front (along with exiting broken windows, doors etc on the blast wave). An example is a tear gas grenade which isn't distributed via an explosion as it's delivery method. And that's why the cut smoke grenade will be a good example to follow.

I've also been thinking that the crafting method should use pure cloud residue instead of the poison, to allow a person who isn't skilled in survival to put those items to use. You could handwave it as the residue being a powder that can be easily dispersed, while the poisons are watered down and not useful for aerial contamination.

Oh yeah, I figured cloud residue as the base component, just a similar recipe for making it as cloud kiss venom has. But I can make a custom version for you that has minimum requirements or focuses on different skills.

Anyone know how to make the grenades poison people?

How would I go about doing that?

Real quick; essentially teh cloud damage is a script (attached to an activator/trigger), so my plan was a base effect->script (ie effect script), and that base effect would be chained to a spell, yada yada per normal. It will also have a placeAtme for the cloud, unless the cut smoke grenade has a different way of doing things. The scriptEffectFinish block will do all the cleanup (disable as well as zap the cloud). Anyway that's my initial plan of action.

Well did a quick cut and paste (we can change more stuff if we need the grenade to be even more distinctive than the nuka grenade) on the nuka grenade. I figured the nuka being the only constructable grenade was probably the model to use (essentially uses a tin can). Pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/ScreenShot5_zpsc744634c.jpg

But the smoke grenade effect is weeeeeeaaaaaaak :sad: It doesn't do jack. Pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/ScreenShot0_zpsa88d76da.jpg

You can barely see it in the pic.

We can try other nifs but they probably aren't going to look decent. Luckily there is another option via a particle effect. Here is one I attached to a weapon quite a while back. Something like it, but on a larger scale and crimson might just do the trick. Video;

http://youtu.be/UAoX5H8PO7o

If we have this volume of smoke coming off the grenade and pair it with a toxic cloud, it just might do the trick. Here is a pic of the smallest toxic cloud 256. Pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/ScreenShot10_zps114e6a74.jpg

It's also possible to use a staged timer to have it start out with a small toxic cloud (256) expand in a few seconds to a medium cloud (512), then the largest (1024) then at some point the timer would reverse the process. I think that would be the best choice for outside where hte cloud would naturally disperse. Possibly indoors it could last much longer.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to crank it out, since I have a lot of requests backlogged, but this post and the previous one sort of lay out my basic strategy.