"Dragon Age toolset has stopped working"

rayden54

Every time I try to run the toolset I get "Dragon Age toolset has stopped working"

I've tried two different OS's, clean installs. Nothing works.

The error message mentions something about Engine.dll. I've tried registering it as instructed by the Wiki. It says it succeeds, but it still crashes. That's the only mention of Engine.dll I see in the troubleshooting guide.

The full crash report is below.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DragonAgeToolset.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1008.0
Application Timestamp: 4b0ee7ed
Fault Module Name: Engine.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.1002.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b06c29a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00120742
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Read our privacy statement online:

• 1 month later...

"Dragon Age toolset has stopped working"

-Does that mean it has worked before for you? Or is it the first time you're trying to get it to work?

If it is the latter, try following the instructions of this video. If possible install with the same software. I never encountered your error, but maybe I can chalk it up to having good instructions? The video was really helpful to me. I got toolset running smoothly on Win7 and Win8.1

Also- is it doing this when you start the toolset, or when you try to open certain types of files? For instance, large savegame files will crash the TS.

What you are trying to do might also be of help, as I know that over the recent years, other tools for modding DA have emerged. Sadly, I have been away and arent familiar with the new tools, but if you mention what you're trying to do, somebody else here on the boards would most likely know if there are other (better) tools that you can use.

Good luck!