⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Horse Shoes for skyrim

macrads

I'm totally new to texture/mesh modelling.

I'm trying to learn how to use blender, but all the information I've found on how to import .NIF format to blender is outdated. Infact the info I've found refer to blender 2.49b since the scripts to import NIF apparently work only for this version.

So there is no way to use blender 2.71 with NIF format?

Or is it better to use another 3d tool for NIF format?

Edited by macrads

I'm totally new to texture/mesh modelling.

I'm trying to learn how to use blender, but all the information I've found on how to import .NIF format to blender is outdated. Infact the info I've found refer to blender 2.49b since the scripts to import NIF apparently work only for this version.

So there is no way to use blender 2.71 with NIF format?

Or is it better to use another 3d tool for NIF format?

well obviously you need NifSkope. As far as other tools there are only Blender and 3ds max (not free). The information are outdated because all the nif tools are outdated. I dont think you can use 2.71 with niftools and fpr 3ds max the latest supported version is 2012 afaik. I dont think there is much difference in using an older version of blender. use what ever version you can find a working tutorial on how to install all the tool (its a pain in the ass btw).

@mastabenja

Yes I already installed Nifskope, blender and scripts to import nif and gimp for the meshes.

I mean just to change formats from .nif to .blend is as you say a real pain in the..... :(

Thats was why I was asking if there was an easier way to do it, or if some modder had made a resourse program that took care of this process.