Mobile Plane Base - like mobile truck base

yungskiz

so i was going to put a comment on the aforementioned mod page but:

-its awkward to ask one specific person for something like this

-there are other authors who have made similar mods all just as good

-this would make for a reeeeallllly long comment that does not pertain to the mod

anyway a mobile mini base that sits in the sky, but it wouldnt actually sit per say, all the mobile bases get parked in the town you travel to, with a mod like this there would not need to be a static plane anywhere - thats a lie more on that soon

ive never fought at hoover dam with the boomers help, but i have read of its existence, if there is an animation for a b52 flying over head and off into the sunset like there is for the vertibird that could be used in place of nothing

a plethora of "drop points" would be awesome since the plane need not sit in a town, did you know NV has a ceiling? using tcl you can get there - it takes a while - that means the "drop points" could be five feet off the ground so the player "lands" or they could be at the ceiling, so the player falls and falls and falls and lands, since theres no parachutes and NV doesn't have a skydiving system you would need tgm for that, and aside from the "drop points" there are air ports in nv, you could have "landing points" at each of the airports, no animations, just popping out a hatch on the ground in front of the static b52 at the end of a runway or hangar

theres already something workable for the interior - the yangtze shack cell, just link several of them together, the first could be a cockpit with some seating with a windshield and all sorts of consoles (think helios one) so it doesnt stop at the end of the cell like a transit bus windshield, other cells could be living quarters with the submarine style cots, small kitchen, armory, med bay, work shop, lavatory with shower, all sorts of stuff, not in individual yangtze shack cells but a few in each so it retains the MOBILE aspect in mobile base and then the last cell where the magic happens, which would be its own shack sized cell would be the cargo/drop bay, it could be like a ready room, lockers and crates (static and container ive seen crates on a pallet before i think, if those could be turned into a container that would work) for last minute gear and supplies ready to be dropped, A PARKING SPACE FOR THE MOBILE TRUCK BASE.....carried away there, but there could be a slanted wall at the end that is the "door" activator which dumps you 1000 feet in the sky....or five for those not wanting to use god mode :)

i guess the magic would really happen in the cock pit where you select where you want to go...magic being the scripting......

so ive put up a bunch of requests for mods (not going into a hateful rant if thats what your thinking :P ) and i try to flesh the mod request out as much as possible, i dont like putting out half baked ideas, thats why my posts are so long, im not, nor would i want to impede on a modders creativity and freedom in making things but i do post with purpose.

that being said, what i dont have a solid grasp on is how the player would get in the plane. use the COC code, duh! but realistically the only way that i can think of is if the player can re-enter the plane from a "landing point" - the ones i mentioned earlier at airports, but that kind of sucks because part of having a mobile base is a means of travel - as in weening off of fast travel, and it would suck to keep walking back to the airport, the player should be able to enter it while its still in the sky.......not sure how though, there could be a teleport item, which makes sens within a game, but i dont think there is a real life equivalent of entering an airborne plane, helicopter yes, but idk about a plane, im going to look that one up now, thanks for reading this far

and thanks even more if your interested