XBOX 360 or PS3

dudutz18

Which one's better? XBOX360 L or PS3?

Someone says this one's better then the other guy says that one's better ...

It's pretty confusing and create hesitation when I need to pick either XBOX or PS3 for my brother

Therefore, I'd like to ask your opinion ^^

Consider the games available for each console if possible .. I don't really understand any games at both console

One more thing, the price is not necessarily need to be considered

P/s: Just tell me if you don't understand my point (My English is not that good)

Ask which kinds of game he likes. XBOX 360 seems to have more "best" games released for it, but if you want both games in the Final Fantasy series, you have to go with the PS3. I would go by game selection. The PS3 has better specs, but if it does not offer the games he likes, then that does not help much...

I'd say the 360, considering the fact that I have one, but thats not the only reason. The 360 is the game console to choose because its just awesome. You got xbox live, better games to go with it that the PS3 lacks, you don't have to wait as long for your fav. game to be released (A common problem for the PS3), and to me, the graphics are better, (Heavy rain doesn't count, thats a PS3 game exclusivley).

I own both a 360 and A ps3, and I find myself playing the 360 more, but only because that's what all my friends have. Hardware wise, the PS3 has better graphics and and can process more things at the one time, and it also has blue-ray, which allows up to 50gb to be stored on one disc, increasing performance, graphics, physics etc.

The 360 has some good hardware, but I found the frame rate to drop on the 360, while the same game on my PS3 looks better AND runs better.

Hardware aside, I find the PS3 online community sadly lacking. The PS3 has an mediocre online store, no party chat and no easy way of getting all of your friends in the same game. The 360, however, has a really good online community. There are loads of demos, add-ons and even full games on demand in their store, the avatar feature is great and the weekly updated podcasts (Sentuamessage, IGN strategize) are really good and give you more info on upcoming games and features.

Games. The games on the PS3 are good, but it depends WHAT games you're into. For RPGs, racing games and other, very creative games (Little Big Planet), get the PS3. If you're into shooters and RTS type games, get the 360.

Looks. I actually prefer the PS3s looks over the 360s. The shiny, curvy finish on the PS3 looks very modern. The 360s matte finish is alright, though. Also, the 360s controller is so much better to hold and use. Its chunkier, heavier and less prone to breaking. While the PS3 has a rechargeable controller, buying rechargeable batteries or a plug and play kit for your 360 is a very good investment.

Anyway, read over everyone's opinions, think about it yourself, and make the decision yourself.

EDIT: Replace the you're and you into his or he... xP

I'd say the 360, considering the fact that I have one, but thats not the only reason. The 360 is the game console to choose because its just awesome. You got xbox live, better games to go with it that the PS3 lacks, you don't have to wait as long for your fav. game to be released (A common problem for the PS3), and to me, the graphics are better, (Heavy rain doesn't count, thats a PS3 game exclusivley).

XBOX 360 won't have Final Fantasy XIII Versus though. ^__^ Plus, now that PS3 has been out for a while, a lot of the promised game titles are being (or have been) released. This choice still falls largely in the game preference arena. It seems that other sources support PS3 for racing as well. I am an RPG person, so PS2 had me hooked into getting a PS3 (which I still have yet to buy, but I will...unless, FFXIII Versus is released for XBOX 360 for some reason...)

Edit: typo

dudutz18, I ask that you consider the opinions of individuals who own both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 above those who only own one.

I own both.

In my opinion it comes down to if your brother likes online play or not, the Xbox 360s online features and overall community is much better than that of the Playstation 3. Xbox Live does cost $5 a month however I believe it is more than worth it.

if he's not much into online gaming then he might like the PS3 more as it has more good offline games than the 360.

You should also consider which console(s) he has owned, if he had owned an Xbox then I'm sure he'd be thrilled to receive an Xbox 360, and vice versa with the PS2.

You can believe me because I am a certified internet therapist.

dudutz18, I ask that you consider the opinions of individuals who own both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 above those who only own one.

I own both.

In my opinion it comes down to if your brother likes online play or not, the Xbox 360s online features and overall community is much better than that of the Playstation 3. Xbox Live does cost $5 a month however I believe it is more than worth it.

However if he's not much into online gaming then he might like the PS3 more as it has more good offline games than the 360.

You should also consider which console(s) he has owned, if he had owned an Xbox then I'm sure he'd be thrilled to receive an Xbox 360, and vice versa with the PS2.

I disagree with the first statement (why?), and as much as I love (not loved) the PS2, of the current gen systems, I only own the XBOX 360. Game preference is more important.