Far Cry on Win7 x64

watdocdude

I see i thought you had a problem with playing it. It could be that your cd is corrupted, i have no problem installing it. Try cleaning the disk with water and use a fine cloth to wipe it down.

Sometimes things can get corrupted with even a spec of dirt on the cd.

don't instal games and etc under the standard direcories, that may bug up the game, since vista\windows7 have some type of protection at those folders, if i remember right, and if you have paid for your farcry, you can just download a "piratecopy" iso from a torrent site, and then use your own cd'key:) and you said your cd was broken or something? just download a no-cd patch.

nothing of this is illegal, if you already has paid for a game, there is nothing wrong with this as far i can tell:)

Try another game to see if its the cd drive is acting up, this is for sure not a os problem if you can't even get it to install from the CD.

Can you describe the error message it pops up??

piracy is not allowed here as well, that t word is also forbidden.

I've tried to install Far Cry and I can't see any problem.

I've just opened the cd-root and started setup (I've disabled autorun/play), but there wasn't any message with 64Bit exe or something like that.

I use Win7 Pro 64Bit (and yes, it's the German version of Far Cry). I've realized gormonk has the same Win7 version and no problems too.

Perhaps it's an issue with your Win7 version.

Edited by _frost_

It's Home Premium 64 bit. I've tried running it in many compatibility modes, I'm running the setup from the disk, I've tried copying the files to my HD and then installing from there, I've downloaded the patch and can't install that if the game isn't installed.

I'm out of ideas.

hmm, the only idea I have now is... try to copy an installed Far Cry (from a friend's installation or so) to your HD - and then try to run it.

Maybe you'll have to edit/add the reg cause of the cd-key or game/cd-path... I I don't know.

I've chosen several times that way(for other games) cause I was too lazy to install everything again ;].

Good luck.

_frost_