your opinions: the 10 best pc games. ever.

Vindekarr

My Top 10 best PC games list of all time

1. Star Craft(Blizzard 1998 this is actually my 1st RTS game)

2. Civilization IV 2005

3. Call of Duty MW2(love the multiplayer on this one)

4. Half Life2 (OBS)

5. 40k Dawn of War 2

6. Dragon Age Origins

7. Company Of Heroes

8. Company Of Heroes Tales of Valor

9. Assasins Creed

10. Diablo II

for me, its gotta be these:

Dawn Of War II: Im a huge fan of warhammer, always have been, and for a warhammer fanboy, this is a superb game, each one of the 5 factions act, moves, speaks and plays exactly as you'd have imagined them to, and each one brings its own flavour of fun, from the joy of annihilating your enemies under a tide of bioengineered nightmare creatures as the Tyranids, a sneak N peek stealth game as the Eldar or just bringing out the Orkz and having a right n proper waaagh, this game has it all, the capaign is as much rpg as rtt, your squads level up, have a large gear selection from wargear found in missions and can be customised over time into various roles, last stand is good if you want to practice micromanaging a specific unit, or just a good co-op brawl, and an excellent multiplayer rounds out the list, 10/10

Unreal Tournament 0-2007, an absolute classic of PC combat games, UT3 does away with story, realism and just about everything else in favour of big guns, big explosions and a LOT of fun, a deeply enjoyable multiplayer shooter with a good level/man editor sdk this fantastic game is designed simply to be a balanced, action intensive online pvp shooter, everything else is tacked on, and it does that so well, that I couldnt not love it, 10/10

Oblivion, the game itself was an exceptional RPG, with some flaws, but for the most part a solid 8/10, however its shear modability, and the way its meant to be modded, give it unending charm and fun, get bored with one version and simply make yourself another one, its endless modding fun. 10/10

dirt 2 and forza 3, I like a good racer, and there is no xbox 360 racer quite so good as these 3 in my opinion, both these games offer an excellent car choice, stunning HD graphics, excellent tracks, including some of the worlds most renowned, and very enjoyable online multiplayer, in the form of leaderboard attack and head to head modes.9/10

chromehounds: nobody remembers this wierd little xbox360 gem of a shooter, nobody liked it, nobody played it, but this enthralling little mech game was for me, 2005's mechassault, CH was a ttiny little japanese game, in which you piloted a mech and the objective was to hunt down the enemy HQ in multiplayer and destroy it. This was easier said than done, first, the mechs: you built them yourself out of hundreds of modular parts, resulting in wild diversity within teams, ranging from snipers, self powered howizters, tanks, and hyper agile scouters, you then had to simply FIND the enemy, there was no radar, the maps were huge and the mech too slow to combe the entire map, and even then they'll find you, too, spread across the map are com towers, capture one and it provides a wireless link, the wifi can be used, in conjunction with a part called a comand tower, to give the player with the tower the ability to see all enemies near captured com towers, thus, they can be intel support, once you actualy find where the enemy hid their base, you've got to kill it before they kill yours, usualy they'll deploy a slow, immensely durable tanklike defender droid to protect it, once the defender is dead, you essentialy win. a wierd, overcomplicated, overtechnical game, but addictive and enjoyable. 8.5/10

EVE online: though 7 years old, this quirky iceland made space mmorpg remains, for me, the king of mmo fun, in EVE you can be virtualy anyone, all the niches normaly filled by npcs are done by players, all gear is player made, the roving enemies are usualy rampant player pirates, instead of levels and classes, you buy diferent hulls, which offer diferent abilities and equipment choices, each of the races has its own set with its own unique characters, looks and uses, ranging from fast n fail Caldari sniper ships to slower, brutal short range gallentean raiders, combat is more rts than typicaly mashy rpg, being more about angles relative to the incoming fire)for evasion) ammo supplies, and range/velocity, this, combined with stunning graphics and a beautiful environment, AND a well policed community,frequent patches and high reliability make this a superb mmo. 10/10

1. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

-(2006) This is definitely #1 on my list, very moddable, good character creation, awesome gameplay, and in my opinion one of the best RPGs ever created when modded

2. Fallout 3

-(2008) This is definitely #2 on my list, very moddable, good character creation, awesome gameplay, and in my opinion another one of the best RPGs ever created when modded

3. Warcraft 3

-(2002) My favorite and most played RTS game, tons of custom games to play over Battlenet and a cool campaign as well

4. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

-(2007) One of my favorite survival horror FPS/RPG games when modded

5 .System Shock 2

-(1999) Another cool survival horror FPS

6. Deus Ex

-(2000) Awesome plotline, some cool mods, cool music, and several different ways to play the game

7. Half-Life

-(1998) Tons of custom games and the game I've replayed the most

8. Half-Life 2

-(2004) Awesome sequel to an awesome game, has cool mods as well

9. Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind:

-(2002) One of my first RPG games and also has cool mods

10. Lemmings

-(1991) The oldest game on my favorites list, I remember playing this as a kid and I still do play it thanks to DOSBox

10.Enclave

9.Diablo]

8.Star Wars jedi knight Jedi academy

7.Dynasty Warriors 5

6.True Crime Strrets of LA

5.Star Wars Republic Commando

4.TES III Morrowind (With The Tribunal Expansion)

3.Overlord

2.Gothic II

1.PES 2010

THE GRAND CHAMPION :thumbsup: THE ELDER SCROLL IV OBLIVION

1.Total War Series (Rome, Medieval, Shogun, ETW, NTW...) but only with mods!!!!

2.Mass Effect 2

3.Dragon Age

4.Assassins Creed 2 & 1

5.Company of Heroes

6.Civilizations

7.Europa Universalis (hearts of Iron)

8.Heroes Series

9.Farcry2

10.Fallout

11.The Witcher

12.Dawn of Discovery (ANNO 1701(4)......stoooop :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

So you don't like sequels much Jojo? :teehee:

Lol, not usually. I don't mind sequels per se, but when they rely on the quality of their predecessor more than their own in order to make sales, I tend to get disgruntled. Also, not sure what I was smoking at the time that made me leave StarCraft out, but replace Wolf3d with it and that's my top 10.

while these kind of threads are irresistible bait for the hardcore gamer, they always manage to provide an equally frustrating experience for me when attempting to compiling a list for

you have numerous titles in your mind, possibly cross-platform releases & during different stages of engine evolution for "franchise" titles, each with a handful of reasons the choice was made

i have decided to make a list of games that i define as legendary for numerous reasons, whether because they remind me in a certain time-frame in my own life - or simply for being the next best thing at the time. none greater than the other, just an world wide salute acknowledging their greatness

i beg the reader to not see this as any sort of disruption to the thread.. but as an only foreseeable method of replying while maintaining full integrity of my genuine/unaltered beliefs or something smart sounding of that nature - i simply Cannot bring myself to narrow them down to 10, and in order of "worth" so to speak, my apologies

i promise i will not do over 20

(these are in no particular competitive order)

half life 1/opposing force

final fantasy 7 (man......)

starfox (snes)

street fighter ii championship edition

mortal kombat 1

flashback (pc)

oddworld oddysee (ps1)

dragon age (my precious)

goldeneye 007 (lol hell yeah)

killer instinct 1 & 2

wing commander iv

doom ii

ninja gaiden

mass effect (my other precious)

the lost vikings

fatal fury

contra (cant remember the one in particular i loved, i or ii maybe)

rome total war

marvel vs capcom

i just cant do this ;[

love you, bye

My new list in no particular order:

Morrowind

Planescape Torment

Baldur's Gate

Chrono Trigger

Deus Ex

System Shock 2

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

Dwarf Fortress

Heroes of Might and Magic III

Psychonauts

Honorable mention to Fallout 3 and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Well if this was videogames of all times, I could include games like Elite (BBC Micro), Super Mario (NES), SIlent HIll 2 (PS2) etc, because there have been some amazing games on other platforms. But the PC surely has had its fair share:

No particular order as its so hard to rate them further at this level:

Deus Ex - fantastic RPG-FPS hybrid with such openess in gaming. Sadly the sequel was spoiled by money grabbing Ion Storm multi platform dumbing down. But the original is still incredibly playable.

Planescape Torment - the best story in video gaming I would say coupled with an amazing sound track. One of the best RPGs ever made

Max Payne 1/2 - fantastic third person shooter. Top of genre

Half Life Series - the definitive first person shooter series bar none

American McGee's Alice - amazing fantasy third person slasher with top notch music score and imagination

Oblivion (when modded, this game becomes unbelievable, pretty much the perfect |RPG as every issue you would want modded can be modded!)

Everquest 2 - one of the best MMOs around now, amazing rpg moments and memories.

Neverwinter Nights - SUPER special position for this game. I have spent 450+ hours in this game online running and playing in DMed campaigns. Honestly - RPG SP gaming does not compare when your party members and npcs all come alive online with real players and int erms of running your own adventures.. what is better than your people reading your stories? Its when they 'live' them. And I ran a campaign for over a year and I will never forget the joy this game gave me in this regard.

Dune 2 (the first RTS and since others in the genre have not significantly

deviated from the formula here, it shows how incredible the game was from the get go).

Doom 1/2 - FPS gaming really escalated here and you could play 4 player deathmatch on BBS servers - the start of online FPS gaming.

Unreal Tournament - special mention, the original was brilliant - amazing deathmatch gamign with top of the range AI for the time.

Monkey Island 1/2 - get the new versions off Steam, comedy adventure gaming has never been better.