I'M BORED OF CRASHING

Hi mates! Here's what's happening to me...

Til yesterday i could play as usual my Fallout3 but...from this night til now i got stucked. In make an example:

I'm in a X point of the wasteland then if i select to fast travel using my pipboy to another point it brings me there, but after this fast travel i can't both save game and fast travel again or it crashes. Solutions??? I've already disabled the autosave function but it still crash. I dont think it's due to a mod since i didn't add any mod since the last time the game was working good. Pls help me and ask other detail if u need em

cheers

Heh, I don't know what ice pack is, but windows XP an fallout 3 requires Service Pack 3 (SP3) I've heard it mentioned here an seen it on the box too I think. Anyhow .net framework is kind of like Direct X, software that allows all the super cool stuff we are doing now days. Dot net framework goes from like 1.0 in a series up to 3.5 I think, an deals with data an network stuff I guess. If you want to think of it as a pack of tools an language for a computer so that mo awesome stuff can be done, or well done smoother.

Technically speaking, besides the Windows XP SP3 requirement, all the stuff should be installed as you installed fallout 3. Like all games shipping with Direct X bundled in there, heh just cause everything uses it, but most times the end user already has it anyway. Now in the case of the dot net framework, there were some players who were having crashes that ended up trying a bunch of random stuff. In some cases installing the dot net framework fixed the crashes, an even other cases un-installing it, an installing dot net framework again fixed crashing.

That being said, some players installed the A++ computer language on their puters an it fixed crashing. Look at the radio stutter thread, All of the audio codecs that you need in order to hear any audio that is inside the fallout 3 content, are contained by default inside any of the windows O/S from XP on I reckon. However there were many players that had audio problems, where installing the 3rd party K lite audio codec pack (among others) ended up fixing the issue in their system an they could hear audio again. It the same thing with dot net framework.

Heck I've been building gammer rigs for 6 years or more, and each time I format my hard-drives to make a clean build of windows XP it turns out different each time. This last one I did turned out the best. Pretty much I installed XP, then updated it manually. Set program access an defaults in the start menu, then there's a add to windows xp tab which leads to the microsoft auto updates web-site. Took the XP SP3 update first, then the other stuff too. I used the video card driver that came in the box with my video card (didn't update it). Used whatever Direct X came with XP or was updated in the auto update process. Then the dot net framework family 1.1 2.0 3.0 and 3.5 which came inside the auto update, but I made sure it was in there just because it's widely used.

This also took many system restarts an going back into the set program access an defaults in order to click on that add new programs, windows update tab. Eventually it was updated, and nothing but signed video card drivers an mouse an other crap, I clicked the + to read it an decided if I needed it. Then all my other stuff which isn't related to fallout 3, but the hardware on my system. There was a bunch of other stuff, but the install turned out so well that I didn't even need K lite audio codec pack in order to hear the NPC voices, which is weird.

All that stuff being said, crash at save game or crash at fast travel has long been directly linked to corupted save games.

1. The coruption gets locked in from either playing for 4-8 hours straght, a problem that is inherent in the fallout 3 game from the system cache going corupt over long periods of time. Easy to avoid you reboot every few hours, which clears the cache.

2. The fallout 3 game is so vastly huge in raw data, that your game can be crashing an you not know it for an hour or more, mean while you are running around crazy like in chaos creating new save games, therby locking that coruption into the save game next time you load it. However this seems to be more directly related to how clean your install/build of fallout 3 is. Master update? FO3edit merge patch? FO3edit mod cleaning? FO3 edit mod editing/fixing? Do you use viral/malware software like norton? Defrag the hard drives? Clean the Registry? Purge the windows Prefetch folder every so often? And so on... A near 100% clean an correct system build, also with a near 100% clean an correct build of fallout you won't ever run into this problem.

3. Autosave doesn't pause the game (chaos going on in the background) Which if you ever look in wireframe mode you'll see that stuff in the distance is still going down. If the system is already taxed trying to keep up with the chaos going on, an bam it starts a autosave, further taxing the system, something has to give, which coruption onsets, an is locked inside the save game, then also the current game (crash later) Hence why we turn it off. Pressing Esc will pause all chaos, so all system resources are available when a save is created.

4. The continue button at the main loading screen also does this, because there are many things going on while fallout 3 is launching, which is when that save game is prefetched, so that the continue button will work. Nothing really directly linked to this other than rumor though. I've noticed that even the main loading screen music being added to the audio cache while it's playing, will interfear with the loading of a save game, starting of a new game, but that's only directly related to my computer. There are times when I'll wait until the music stops before I click new game or load a save game, it's not very often though.

5.Taxed systems favor double loaded save games. You'll see many players saying, load a save game then launch a mini nuke at yer feet, then load the save game again, when you first launch fallout 3. It only really works if you press ESC before you auto load the last save game from having died though, which you need a longer death camera to do. Hence I just load a save game then fast travel or enter a door spin the camera around, then load the save game again. An example of this is a few months back I used to stream in pandora music while I tested my load orders. Now that first load of the save game from the main loading screen would obviously not go very smooth, because the pandora music would skip an stutter, however, if I fast travel or go in a door spin the camera, then load the save game again, it's smooth as glass. Then running around in the wasteland goes smoother too with the music still streaming in.

6. Fallout 3 builds with player added chaos, like for example MMM 3-6 spawns along with natural selection, left unchecked these awesome mods will create a vast amount of poopy data inside the game engines cell buffer. This data can get locked into a save game which if you ask me is from the system being taxed, you see the performance drop, well that added tax can cause crashes, meaning it can cause coruption too. The wasteland is around a 10 square mile area gamespace, which is why you see a drop in FPS an performance the longer you trek across it. What I do to keep it in check is purge the cell buffer every so often. I use Groovatron to do it if I'm out in the wasteland, if I'm near a door I just use the door.

----Sub 6. Groovatron will allow you to place a teliport marker, anywhere. Namely here I use it to place one while I'm wandering across the wasteland, because there are no doors nearby. I'll place a teliport marker where I'm standing by pressing the X key (yay for FOSE) Press X again an teliport to the all black room, open the console, an type PCB, purge cell buffer, watch the poopy data flow by, press X teliport to the all white room, then spin the camera around in 3rd person so that normal maps will get loaded when I press X an teliport back into the same spot in the desert. However this also purges the weather (fellout & enhanced weather) so it will seem weird looking which means you need to find a door, an go in it, then PCB again an come out, this forces a reload.

----Sub Sub 6. The door method always works clean though, if there is a door nearby, then enter that cell, open the console, PCB, then exit the door which forces a reload of the cell only without all that poopy data.

----Sub Sub Sub 6. A whole lot of this PCB stuff can be avoided if you decided to allow Selective Purge On Fast Travel and Preemptively Unload Cells, myself I also use the background loader, among other tweeks from the tweek guide, I've made enough builds that I've tested different settings until I found what worked, but this is on my computer.

If I ever did get coruption. First thing I would do would be double load the save game. Then somehow I'd get inside a cell which had nothing in it, like the megaton bathroom. I might even go as far as cleaning out my entire inventory dumpped outside, and even any container I fooled with dump that too. Then console PCB (purge the cell buffer) save the game in that empty bathroom, turn off all the mods, load the game, ignore the warning, save the game in there, then turn the mods back on an load it up again, or any combo of the above mentioned methods in any order. Folks say just roll back the save game to where it's not corupt, but how can you tell? Personally if this happens to me then I know for sure that I have a crappy fallout 3 load order, an something is causing problems. Which currently I only install mods a few or mostly one at a time, after which I fix with FO3edit, an then test the crap out of it, before I move on an install something else. Which yeilds the 4-8 hour crash free games while using unlimited amounts of mods.

If I run into a problem, any problem, like for example crashing. First thing I do is not change anything, an duplicate it, then I duplicate it in a new game start. But before I've even got to this point I've already got a known good vanilla game install, and also the computer system, which rules those two causes out from a vanilla testing phase as well as a DLC install testing phase. Which leaves the mods an my fixes to them to be the only causes for problems, which are further ruled out because they are installed over a long term period of time which involves a lot of in-game testing along the way after they are fixed to work together. So when I have a problem I'm not ever looking at the whole load order of 200 mods, I'm looking at the last 4 I installed yesterday because I know everything before that is "known good"

Sure bud, post yer load order though. There's not much of a dead reckoning guess I can give for a diagnosis without knowing the content that you use...

I'd say there's only a 10% chance at best that any problem you ever have is directly linked to your computer an software/hardware. Then there's a 90% chance that your current problem is save game coruption. With a 50% chance that the coruption was caused from lack of effort in building a quality load order an general overall fallout 3 build.

Then lastly the other 50% chance of corupted data being that fallout 3 is one of the largest and most complex games on the market. Hence the long post, an year of modding it took to be able to write it in a short form. Ha ha yeah that was the short version above. I reckon the full version would be about 10 pages, which I reduce to 2-6 depending on how bad the person needs help. Anyhow because fallout 3 is so large an there is so much raw data, it's prone to coruption. There is lots of chaos going on inside as well, which is why we loove it, but it's a double edge sword.

Either you Man up an put in the work or you get issues like the one you are having. The only alternative is playing fallout 3 in vanilla form.

The shortest answer I can give would be to make your fallout 3 builds slowly over a long period of time, like say a few months. Along this time period you would also be learning more stuff. Heck it's taken me a year just to get a 4-8 hour long game without any problems. Was it worth it? Heck yah man this stuff is wild.

i do appriciate your effort

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] EnclaveCommander-OA-Pitt-Steel.esm

[X] EnclaveCommander-Steel.esm

[X] EnclaveCommander-OA-Steel.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] Tau Ammo.esm

[X] CFWRv3.esm

[X] CFWRv4.esm

[X] Abbreviated Effects.esm

[X] Arms_dealer_V1.esp

[ ] UNDCity.esp

[X] MEC Gauss Minigun (Megaton).esp

[ ] MEC Gauss Minigun.esp

[X] Wolf's Megaton Armory Makeover Final Release.esp

[ ] MZGOODIEROOM.esp

[ ] Bunker72 v3.esm

[ ] B72v3 Clutterfree.esp

[ ] B72v3-03.esp

[X] cassettepostapiene.esp

[X] Bunk1.esp

[X] Alexa.esp

[X] Aliens Pulse Rifle.esp

[X] The Peacemaker.esp

[X] Ancho_ECGaussModPack.esp

[X] CyborgGunArms.esp

[X] ArmLaser_V1.0.esp

[X] ArmGum_Mod.esp

[X] ArmMinigun_v1.0.esp

[X] ArmFlamer_V1.0.esp

[X] TeslaRifle.esp

[X] Super tesla cannon.esp

[X] NAPA.esp

[X] UndergroundHideout.esp

[X] Magnexus.esp

[X] Chimera.esp

[X] KORsUnderwaterHome.esp

[X] CD Area 51 WHAT.esp

[X] CALIBRxMerchant.esp

[X] A_D_Calibr_ammo.esp

[X] Scopeless44s.esp

[ ] AMWP - Colossus Ruestung (Optional).esp

[X] AMWP - Colossus Schwere Ruestung (Optional).esp

[X] Colossus Armor.esp

[X] AmbrosiaBells.esp

[X] LightSaberMod.esp

[X] DeepEyes.esp

[X] Deep eyes Nocturne.esp

[X] Portable Npc Spawner.esp

[X] Path_of_the_Gunslinger.esp

[ ] japanese_armor_set.esp

[X] japanese_menace.esp

[ ] japanese_menace_lite.esp

[X] 25mmAAgun02.esp

[X] 3EFdrg.esp

[X] Spewer.esp

[X] epr-057.esp

[X] autocannon.esp

[X] Tau Rail Rifle (MFC).esp

[X] Tau Rail Rifle.esp

[X] Tau Pulse Carbine.esp

[X] greyfox.esp

[X] laser_katana.esp

[X] COL Enclave Hell.esp

[X] COL Enclave VER2.esp

[X] colossus BOS.esp

[X] Colossus Outcast.esp

[X] HelmetLight.esp

[X] GT_BM_No_Exploding_Torsos.esp

[X] GT_Less_Dismemberment.esp

[X] GT_BM_No_Full_Dismemberment.esp

[X] GT_No_Exploding_Parts.esp

this is my load order but i want to underline that days ago i do play with this same load order (i still don't have clear what vanilla forms are) however thx for attention and i wait for ur answer