Fallout 3, Oblvion, or Dragon age origins

Keanumoreira

Having played all three its a tough choise but I'll stick with oblivion,followed by DA then FO3 :happy:

I'll just casually steal your answer! Only fly in the ointment with the Bethesda games is their crashiness, really, but Oblivion still wins it for me with the most hours I've ever put into a game. It probably has an unfair advantage being my first foray into the world of RPGs (I was something of a latecomer for no especially good reason) but even so, it really captured my imagination and there was so much to involve myself with.

I loved Oblivion over FO3 because of the creative atmosphere it provides for modding. In Oblivion, you can just stick in a giant flying castle and blame it on magic. FO3 I tried modding for, but just couldn't get any creative ideas. But I like FO3's combat more. We need an actual Oblivion with guns.

I loved Oblivion over FO3 because of the creative atmosphere it provides for modding. In Oblivion, you can just stick in a giant flying castle and blame it on magic. FO3 I tried modding for, but just couldn't get any creative ideas. But I like FO3's combat more. We need an actual Oblivion with guns.

What about a Republic of Dave revisited mod, because I would really enjoy seeing that place expand under a new leader. Or perhaps, if this isn't too big, a mod that gets a goverment in D.C. running, if you can actually do that.

Hmmm I haven't played Dragon Age Origins but it's EA and they deserve to burn for ruining the Sims as of late and dropping the ball on Spore so not gonna happen. I'd go with Oblivion over Fallout 3 just because I prefer the mideaval setting to the more modern post-apacolyptic one there were also more sidequests to my liking in Oblivion. However Fallout isn't that far behind because it's a nice change of pace. So Oblivion get's slot number 2 and Fallout slot number 3.

Now the real winner is hands down Morrowind. Easily number one. Best story line of all my computer games (some of my PS2 games might have it beat but that's another story) waaaay more items in the vanilla game than either Oblivion or Fallout 3 and it just feels nicer with more NPCs (it seems like there's actually the city's population capacity plus travellers in a city instead of half the houses feeling empty) and more unique dialogue and interaction with them. I haven't put as much time into Morrowind as Oblivion (mainly because the graphics and animations get a little irksome and I haven't had the time) but even if the time ratio is 6:10 (M:O which is probly pretty accurate) i feel like I've explored a hundredth of the game compared to all of it and a ton of mods. 1:130 (probly fairly close for oblivion with all my quest mods, Morrowind, that's probably a underestimate.) Morrowind just wins. Now if only I had the time to get the Graphics Extender rolling...

In my opinion DAO takes the title. I detested Oblivions first person view, dark graphics and slow, slow leveling. I didnt find the interaction with npcs rewarding either really. I dont have that kind of patience in game play without something to intrigue me... Fallout was to much a shooter for me as well, while i totally enjoyed watching my boyfriend play it [ it w as kinda like a movie! lol ] I have terrible responses, and some limited visual skills i guess. I prefer way better the battle tactics [ i hope this is the word i am looking f or ?] . It was easy to stop the action, take a look at the targets and plan my attacks based on that. ALtho I must admit, I am a bit of a romantic and I was totally immersed in the story line of the characters. I found myself wanting to beat up {SPOILER} Goldanna, Marjolaine, and taelosin. The romance side was totally immersive too, and unexpected! I loved the party banter, sometimes I would just keep running around the forests to spawn more banter as it cracked me up so much!

Alll the titles have their fans I am sure, but to me, DAO [ UGH NOT DAA, :(] was like reading a book that I could "view" and interact with. I totally adored it!