Skyrim Legendary mode (Follower fixes help?)

Kurzusseus

I was playing Skyrim and I went to Legendary mode because it was getting a little too easy

inside a dwemer dungeon. I was traveling with a follower and we came to the boss battle

long story short, I died in 1 hit, and my follower was used as a punching bag next time around.

I wanted to ask if there was any tune ups that could be performed on an npc or follower.

a tune-up that would make them suffer like the player does. I believe the difficulty works

like this in skyrim.

Based on the setting, it will change the amount of damage you do

to NPC's and the amount of Damage NPC's do to you.

Novice 50% extra player damage, 50% less npc damage

Legendary 90% Less player damage 100% more NPC damage.

But when I take a follower in, he doesn't receive the same penalties

because he is an NPC, so he only gets the damage boost on the player

only right? I've noticed that my follower will do more damage to me

and receive less damage from me, but will not suffer any penalties against

other creatures: like boss battles K.O me with light armor, but he can take

20+ power hits no problem.

Any suggestions, or advice? I want to keep the follower, as for role play reasons

but I want him to suffer like me when I'm hit by a power attack from a boss.

• 3 weeks later...

there are two possibilities to make followers conform with the higher difficulty Level :

1. use amazing follower tweaks , use search function at Nexus. when you talk to the follower, in the dialogue you have the second point from last, there you can level the follower manually. note that their hitpoints are worth double at master and triple at legendary. they start with 50 hp, so this is 150 hp in legendary. if you give him 10 more hitpoints, remember you gave him 30 hitpoints in legendary.

i use aft because i use 2 followers, you can switch their inventory easy, they live their sandbox ai, they ride on their own horses (though i use convenient horses mod for this) and more.

2. use deadly Dragons. use search function at Nexus. here you can Play at Adept difficulty, where everything is 1:1 . you can raise the damage and the health of the Dragons and Monsters, so they get stronger, not the Player weaker as in Bethesda. the Advantage of deadly Dragons is, that now everybody has to deal with really stronger enemies. the disadvantage is the scripts causing latencies at middle or weak pc.

of course you can use both, so you dont need to to Level your follower manually, but you have the other advantages of aft. i hope i could help you.

have fun