Point lookout troubles

I go on the riverboat and purchase my ticket then i sleep on the naval caught, the screen slowly turns black and then i wake up instantly and i am still in the dc wasteland and unable to move does anybody have a suggestion of why this is happening, or a solution?

Sorry Deutschland Atombombe, this is a situation that I have never encountered. Is Point Lookout installed in your Data folder? Any other mods installed? Is "Live" enabled or disabled? Anyone else have any ideas for this troubled FO3 fan?

Sorry Deutschland Atombombe, this is a situation that I have never encountered. Is Point Lookout installed in your Data folder? Any other mods installed? Is "Live" enabled or disabled? Anyone else have any ideas for this troubled FO3 fan?

Hmm perhaps i can reinstall it and see what happens, thanks

I go on the riverboat and purchase my ticket then i sleep on the naval caught, the screen slowly turns black and then i wake up instantly and i am still in the dc wasteland and unable to move does anybody have a suggestion of why this is happening, or a solution?

It could be a Mod conflicting with Point Lookout I had the same problem with Broken Steel I had to disable FreeplayAfterMQ_V05.esp to get the main quest to start. I had all the new content added to the world like your steam boat but the quest would not start.

You could try and disable mods one at a time to see if that is the problem

this happened to me and i found it quite annoying. but there was a solution for it. i was running fook2, and had the dlc enhacement kit (or something like it) on. so i disabled it in fomm, and the next thing i knew, i was able to travel to point lookout. even if your not running fook2, it most likely is a conflict from a mod your running.

Try your luck with. It's called a Broken Steel Fix, but it should be a general one. Has been integrated into FWE 5_02 too:

Custom Race Endings Broken Steel OverRide

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6240

Did it work?

no, it's like just about everything i try to do that invloves a scripted moment refuses to work, like i tried doing broken steel and i went on the presidential metro and started the metro car up, a spark flashes and i hear the noise of the metro car moving but it's not it's just sitting in the same place it started and my character is unable to move