Question about interior cells

shaklee1

Hi, I am new to modding for Oblivion and was looking to create a custom house to suit my character. I know the basics about the construction set, but was wondering if there was any way to cut out certain parts out of an interior cell (i.e.: taking an interior cell that might consist of a ground floor with a bedroom attached and just wanting that bedroom alone to be used in a custom house instead of the cell in its entirety). It might not be possible, but if it was and quite doable then that would make things a lot easier for me.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I am new to modding for Oblivion and was looking to create a custom house to suit my character. I know the basics about the construction set, but was wondering if there was any way to cut out certain parts out of an interior cell (i.e.: taking an interior cell that might consist of a ground floor with a bedroom attached and just wanting that bedroom alone to be used in a custom house instead of the cell in its entirety). It might not be possible, but if it was and quite doable then that would make things a lot easier for me.

Thank you in advance.

It would depend partially on the nature of the interior you choose. Some interior rooms are all one meshe, except of course for the furnishings and doors etc. Others are created from tiles. If the room you wanted to copy into your interior cell was a tiled version, you coud copy and paste the pertinent parts of the meshe into a new cell. If not, you'd have to bring in the entire interior room meshe and isolate with load doors the parts you did not want to use. You could also edit the larger meshe in blender or max to only contain the parts you desire. Most interior room meshes arent very large in polys so just isolating the undesired parts with walls and doors is probably an acceptable solution.

Hope this helps

Montana

Okay. Editing the meshe in Blender/Max seems to be the most feasible option to me at this point unless I look into the other solutions. Like I said before, I'm new to modding so the rest goes over my head a little without looking into it.

Thank you for your reply. :smile:

Unless you are a skilled modeler, editing a mesh in Blender/Max is not something to be casually undertaken.

If you are a new modder, I suggest that you just do the whole thing in the CS. You can block off any unwanted parts of your house with tiles or objects that you can use as walls. As before mentioned, you could possibly use doors depending upon the house layout. There are many objects such as bricks, stone blocks, pieces of wood, and floor or ceiling tiles that are good for projects like what you are doing.

BlackerrR, thanks for the link. I've already had a look at it but I still refer to it for various things.

David Brasher, blocking off certain doors seems the way to go. I've seen it done with one or two other house mods and it seems easy enough.

Thank guys! :smile: