All my oblivion gates say "this door leads nowhere" error?

djdelirius

Well I'm getting some kind of error I think. All my oblivion gates say "This door leads nowhere." when I try to activate/enter them. I haven't closed the great gate yet so they should still be accessible and they are the gates that I haven't closed yet...they still have the glowing "center" on them. Does anyone know how to fix this? I was having issues with the 7 gates from the allies for bruma quest so I had to closed them via console as taking the sigil stone wouldn't close them so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. But any help would be appreciated. I use obmm, boss, pluggy, obse, and wrye bash. Here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm
battlemagearmor2-0Base.esm
Cobl Main.esm
Kvatch Rebuilt.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
LoadingScreens.esp
ANB_TrashCan.esp
Books of Console v1.esp
PrivateQuarters.esp
Reznod_Mannequin.esp
HouseMapMarkers.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
Alternative_Light_Armors-3931.esp
ArmamentariumArmor.esp
battlemagearmor2-0 compatability loot.esp
DarkAdventuressBow.esp
Dark Dragon Armor.esp
Nico's Dreadweave Bow and Arrows.esp
Dread Knight Armor.esp
Eternal Dragon Armor Heavy.esp
javrmb.esp
javbmb.esp
Jedi LightSabers with Sound.esp
ninjacowl.esp
Royal Daedric Armor.esp
Sauron_Armor_Chest.esp
Shdw_Armor Set_Sotonhorian.esp
TTB.esp
Thieves Arsenal.esp
Thieves_Arsenal_Patch_033010.esp
Imperial_Palace_Armor-2474.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
Cobl Glue.esp
Cobl Si.esp
Cobl Tweaks.esp
allinonebasement.esp
Amajor7 Imperial Furniture.esp
ArmoryLab.esp
ArmoryLab better armory.esp
Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp
Better Benirus Manor - Helping Hands.esp
Better Benirus Manor.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
PrincessImperialCityApartment-COBL.esp
Princess Cheydinhal House For Sale v1pt1.esp
Ranokoas City Stealth Exits.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
Artificerens Battlehorn Coblized.esp
DLCfrostcrag.esp
FrostcragRebornCobl.esp
Knights.esp
Shadowcrest_Vineyard_COBL.esp
Shadowcrest_Vineyard_GuardCOBL.esp
MTCThievesGrottoV4.1.esp
Better Abandoned House.esp
Enchanted Portable Tent.esp
RealisticForceHigh.esp
DS Summon Luggage.esp
FormID Finder4.esp
WearableEmperors.esp
The Armor Of The Night.esp
Console King Catalog v01.esp
Celestiel - EV.esp
Rosethorn Hall Of Conquest V1.0.esp
DogMod_Full.esp
Recycle_Binesp-6760.esp
Console Command Books.esp
DBShadowSet_NoEnchant.esp
KORE- Salient Daggers.esp
StealthArmor.esp
Vampire Mansion.esp

And my omod list:

DarkUId_DarN_16_OMOD_Version-11280.omod	DarkUI'd DarN	1.6	Gothic251		 1:21:24 AM
Frostcrag_Reborn_OMOD-9769.omod	Frostcrag Reborn 	3.6	Indefiance			6/21/2009 1:30:16 PM
Better Benirus Manor 4.5.omod	Better Benirus Manor	4.5	Khettienna	Find me @ TESNexus!		10/11/2009 10:54:04 AM
Better_Benirus_Manor_-_Helping_Hands_omod-23146.omod	Better Benirus Manor - Helping Hands v1.0 by Khettienna	1.0	Khettienna	Find me at TESNexus!		3/14/2009 2:02:13 AM
Better Abandoned House 1.2.omod	Better Abandoned House	1.2	Khettienna	Find me @ TESNexus!		10/31/2009 7:02:48 AM
Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary 2.3.omod	Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary	2.3	Khettienna	Find me @ TESNexus!		11/2/2009 10:28:01 PM
Enchanted Portable Tent 2.0.omod	Enchanted Portable Tent	2.0	Khettienna	Find me @ TESNexus!		2/25/2010 10:38:33 PM
Dread_Knight_Weapons_Addon_v1_1_OMOD-24850.omod	Dread Knight Armor Weapons Addon v1_1	1.1	jojjo		8/21/2009 2:10:41 PM

And finally, wrye bash's mod checker report:

= Check Mods
This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

=== Mergeable
Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.
* Cobl Tweaks.esp
* Imperial_Palace_Armor-2474.esp
* Thieves_Arsenal_Patch_033010.esp

=== NoMerge Tagged Mods
Following mods are tagged NoMerge and should be deactivate and imported into the bashed patch but are currently active.
* LoadingScreens.esp

Thanks, -d.

The non closing gates bug is a known vanilla one and is fixed with the Unofficial Oblivion Patch which also fixes a huge number of other bugs in the original game. Very highly recommended.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296

Make sure to read all of the documentation and since you have Shivering Isles get the Unofficial Patch for it as well as for the other DLC's. Just search Tesnexus for "Unofficial".

You don't need to start a new game to use these patches, but when used to fix a particular glitch you must not have already visited the cells concerned. Take note of where the patches must be loaded otherwise they still won't fix anything. ie the esp must be the first one after all esms so it loads first.

The unfortunate thing is because you've already had a number of gates bug already, you may have to do them again because the problem seems to have compounded beyond saving. The "bug" info will be in your save games and probably won't be fixable for the reason I mentioned above about not having been in those gates or cells and also reloading saves inside gates can cause issues as well. See below.

From the Unofficial Patch Readme:

Bug: Picking up the Sigil Stone in an Oblivion plane doesn't do what it's supposed to: the player stays put, the area fills with white fog, and the gate doesn't close.

Solution: For some unknown reason the Oblivion plane you're in loses its hook to the gate in Tamriel you used, best solution is if you are afflicted with this bug is to open your console and type in coc AnvilBay you'll end up in Anvil's bay. Also, this bug may be avoidable if you never reload while inside Oblivion planes and then go back into the same gate repeatedly. If you have to reload while in an Oblivion gate quit the game entirely and restart it to ensure that memory is properly flushed out.

Maigrets, thanks for the info. I was trying to stay away from the unofficial patches because they killed my game a while ago and I had to do a full reinstall....well atleast my game crashed for good after I installed the unofficial patch. Maybe it wasn't in the right load order or something but I can't remember where it was, I'll try it again and also try the console teleport thing too. Thanks for the help, -d.

Maigrets, thanks for the info. I was trying to stay away from the unofficial patches because they killed my game a while ago and I had to do a full reinstall....well atleast my game crashed for good after I installed the unofficial patch. Maybe it wasn't in the right load order or something but I can't remember where it was, I'll try it again and also try the console teleport thing too. Thanks for the help, -d.

The UOP does not crash the game on its own. Your LO must have been pretty messed up, and/or you did not have the game patched to the latest version.

Edit: Missed the "try it again" piece.

Load Ordering - http://sites.google.com/site/oblivionpoinfo/finishinstall/loadorder <-- yours looks like it needs a little work

Well, I just finished installing UOP but it didn't fix it. I read all the documentation and did what was suggested in the readme and also what maigrets said but still not fixed :-( And Tom, the load order that I listed is what BOSS put it in so it should be good. Thanks for the help though.

• 4 years later...

I know it keeps on saying this door leads nowhere it is f***ing RETARDED

Did you read the topic before you necro'd it? This is a Vanilla game issue and needs mods to fix it.

But if the issue is already stored inside your savegames, solving it will become troublesome.

Last post was 4 years ago. I'm not sure the people you're replying to are even still around to read it.

You can come here with your troubles and ask for help. People with the knowledge required to will see it and answer.

But just rushing in resurrecting a 4-years-old dead-and-buried topic to only complain about it doesn't help anybody.

And cut down on the vulgarity some. This kind of tongue is neither appreciated nor welcome on here.

I can see you're new to the Nexus, so I'm just telling you before anything bad happens next time.