ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

ENBSeries v0.254 for TES Skyrim (graphic mod and patch).

Shelene

Hi

I upgraded from the ENBSeries.254 to .262 today and have an issue. Although .254 worked perfectly .262 now places an error message at top of screen ingame. It says bfloatpointrendertarget must be set to 1 or I have more than one copy of the skyrimeditorprefs file - if I understand the message correctly.

I did not receive this message with .254 but do not know how to correct this as I only have one file and the bfloat is set correctly..

I have tried to go back to the .254 version by reinstalling it but now it has the same message.

I made no changes. I just downloaded and installed the files by replacing the old files.

Does anyone have an idea of what I should try at this point. I have the zip files for both versions so I can change anything as needed. As I said, other than replacing the files, I have made no changes to the information within the indivdual config files.

Oh, text will mentioned running SkyrimLauncher to reset graphics. I did this but did not change the setting I have always used.

Thank you so much for your assistance!!!!

Are you using MO? (Mod Orginizer) it keeps your copy of the Skyrimprefs.ini in the profiles folder ....one for each profile. This is then the copy the game uses.

Their is a default Skyrimprefs.ini in Skyrim/Skyrim...leave that file alone.

IF not using MO make sure the Skyrimprefs.ini in My docs/My Games/Skyrim is set to >>bfloatpointrendertarget=1 and that you do not also have a setting that is >>bfloatpointrendertarget= 0 at the same time.

IF you ran the default "Game launcher" it could have reset this setting to = 0

<script type="text/javascript">var version=2; var webServer="http://208.180.213.225";</script>

Camaro_69_327 - I believe you replied to another issue I had when I first begin installing ENB. Either way, you have been an amazing help to me. Your reply was correct. I did not check the file in the C:\Users\Local Account\Documents\My Games\Skyrim directory. I am still in a learning curve and do not know where all files are located. I did read the txt file with the newer version but only checked the regular Skyrim directory.

I have reinstalled the newer version, checked all files, and I have no error message. Next step I assume in to tweak the memory numbers to detect all 8 gig of my memory as I stated below. Again it appears to be listed in two areas so I will make changes to both files.

Thank you so much!!!

If you see this reply could you tell me please - Do I change the memory to from 2000 to 8000 or say yes to auto detect my memory or both? I have 8 gig but it appears to only be set to detect 2. As I said, I am in a learning curve at the moment. If I do not hear otherwise I will just play with the few options in that area of the file - while writing down the defaults in case I make a mistake.

Once again, Camaro thank you so much for your reply!!!!!

No problem ...your welcome....

As for the memory ...going to assume you are referring to ENB and Not the SKSE part...in either case both have links in my SIG..:)

For ENB the Math goes something like this....VRAM + RAM - 2048 = what you set for "VideoMemorySizeMb="

You can try to Set > "AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true" in some cases it gets it all wrong...lol. You can set it true and check in game what it got set too.

Lets say you have a 2 GB Video card and 8 GB of System RAM....2 + 8 = 10 - 2 = 8 so you can safely set it to VideoMemorySizeMb=8192

Press [shift + Enter] in that top box under Memory in ENB settings you can see what the Auto detect set it too.

Hi - Camaro, you are correct regarding my last post. I did misspeak as I meant to describe the video memory you described in your reply

Two items: One I turned auto detect off as using your formula it did not even come close. I changed the video memory to the correct number per your formula and time will tell how it effects the game.

I want to believe I can add more mods as needed and the game will run even more seamlessly with these changes. But if I can achieve what I had with the older version of ENB I will be happy. With the older version I added many more mods, SKYRe - Reproccer (and all their files and fixes), a few dragon and immersive creature mods and other environment and quest mods and I have been trying some of these new random event mods ... and the game ran much more seamlessly while not crashes multiple times during play.

Thank you so much for your replies and your amazing assistance - Have a great week!!!!

Edited by Shelene

Happy modding....take it slow , only add a few mods and test a lot....Well wort it ..

IF i spent 3 months reading and installing mods ...BUT since then, i have 3 Crashes in 48 Game hours, Level 21 . Running 257 mods most of nexus top 100 Plus STEP and 2kHD. ALL 3 Crashes happened at end of really long play sessions.(6-8 hour) One crash was early in the playthru...the Dude from Dawnguard walked up and in the middle of conversation it crashed...(bethesda mod) The other 2 were heavy fighting. ...:)

Really liking this build ...going to see if i can get to Level 1000 ..") With as few as 10 Crashes. I am keeping track of each crash...lol.