Shadowfang Keep WIP

ub3rman123

My mod for Oblivion, Shadowfang Keep, is nearly complete, except for a few minor bits (Assassin's Blade, Shadowfang, and Gargoyle's Bite need implementing).

Features: The entire castle of Shadowfang Keep, including its bosses, the mobs, random loot, and a reset stone, so you can run it again and again.

My only question is: The mod is complete except for about 10 minutes worth of bug-fixing. I had some ideas of adding a questline and some side-quests centered around the castle. Without the quests, this mod will be ready to ship by the weekend. With quests, an extra month is added to the schedule. Is it a better idea to add quests for the mod or do you lot want it now?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all up to you. If you have a cool dungeon that is complete and playable, it would be just fine to upload it. If you also want to make a cool quest to go with your dungeon, that is fine too.

Part of it depends on how much time and patience you have and what is going on in your life. If your dungeon is fun and people like it, many of them will also download your quest version when it is released.

I am sort of a hasty person and like to release things rather than have them sit on my computer where nobody but me can enjoy them. But this also means my quality control might be lacking so that I have to read all my mail, repair bugs, and upload lots of revisions to compensate for it.

The mass(es?) has/have decided! I'm adding some quests. Meantime, I'll try to add an image from the mod about every day or so to keep people interested. Here's my rendition of the Greymane Wall.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot14.jpg?t=1273801808

This looks promising,my friend.

Good job so far. :thumbsup:

Any idea of what the story will be?

I'd be more then glad to hear about it.

And I give my vote for a quest line,too,as I prefer a good,solid story over armors and swords and gold.Gold is expendable,armors and swords will become boring after some time,but the memories of an interesting story stays forever in human mind.

Moranda

I'm using a basic plotline for the main quest: Go stab Arugal (well, not as simple as that). But the sidequests I've got planned will be notably less predictable. It's set about 8 years after WoW. Dalaran has moved back to Alterac following the defeat of Arthas, and is still cleaning up his scourgey mess. I'm ignoring the fact that Cataclysm ever happened, because I have no idea about what will happen to Silverpine.

Here's a section of the wilderness of the woods, along with one of the very cordial inhabitants.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot13.jpg?t=1273931056

I was playtesting a section of one of the quests today and half accidentally/half purposefully lured a Great Grizzled Bear into the refugee camp. Had to share it.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot19.jpg?t=1273938097