GNR Entrance Impossible?

Giggsy

Ok, so I haven't really been exploring the South-East parts of the map (among others) in Fallout 3, and I decided to get to the GNR station and talk to 3 Dogg and what not. I've taken the Underground/Railway station and exited at the Checy Chase District. Going up the stairs, to the left, there is a small base, an outpost, with 5 super mutants!! I managed to battle through them, and I made it but lost a shitload of equipment and resources, ammo and stimpacks in the process, so I decided just to run ahead and check if there were more Super Mutants waiting for me. I followed the grafiti on the walls pointing me to the GNR Station (I think), and I rounded the corner and saw a familiar scene - a scene I've seen a LONG time ago, when GameSpot posted the trailers for the game , a trailer where you fought a GIANT Super Mutant, so I continued with caution (because there was nothing going on a the time). Suddenly 5 more super mutants comes storming out of a building up front. I had no chance, nor did I want to fight them. That would cost me more resources etc.

So... after reading on Fallout Wiki that there is suppose to be a fight going on there when you arrive, I didn't want to go ahead and ruin it and I've decided to wait. Am I wrong? Is it suppose to be a fight going on, or should I just blast my way through it?

-Thanks

EDIT : I currently use FWE, FOOK2 and Project Beauty HD (and some other mods that only add things and don't alter the gameplay).

Your suppose to defeat all the supermutants including the behemoth. Before the behemoth arrives, look for a fat man, it's a giant rocker launcher lying on someone's corpse near the fountain, can't miss it. It shoots mini nukes, so It only takes three shots to kill the thing. After that just approach the door, talk in the intercome, and your free to go. Oh and check the behemoth's body, he's got a ton of useful stuff.

Well if you want to yes, but if your a beginner, or your low on supplies, I suggest you just let the brotherhood of steel take care of it. It's what I did before I was an expert and really sucked, then again that was my style. Hope you reach three dog and find James, you still got awhile to go, and trust me it's a fun storyline. Good luck.

Excuse me... I don't suck :p I play on a harder difficulty level and I tend to use pistols because I have the "gunslinger"-perk. [edit]..so, I guess I skipped a bit of the story.

I hope I still can enter the GNR Plaza, maybe I have to do it on my own because of me skipping the story a bit?

That's not what I meant, I didn't mean to say that you sucked. I just said that statement as an example of a way to do it, sorry if I mislead you. Anyway, you said you talked to doctor Lee in Rivet city? Yeah, your suppose to talk to her after you find three dog, so yes you did skip a part, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll be allowed back in, if not then it's a glitch because I skipped a part before as well.

Any bugs happening by skipping parts of the Main Quest should be easily fixed by activating quests or that statusses through the console.

The Vault (Fallout Wikia) can help you through that, provided you have the patience.

Hmm, would this mean that I would have to do the quest again, or that I need to set the game in a 'state' /set-up of that part of the quest? What do you mean by patience? Does it take lots of work, or just takes a lot of time?

Hey hey Giggsy,

If it is still possible, I hope you would go back and edit/blank out the part about the Rivet City quest that you skipped to. I was here to try and get some hints on GNR (like you) and your Rivet City comment was a big spoiler.

Thanks.