[Request] Barefoot Mod

z28proximo

You could look in the stickies in the General Modification forum. Lots of links to tutorials and such.

With GECK and NifSkope, you can make the footwear for some stuff disappear: If you're lucky, the mesh will have the footwear as a separate shape from other pieces. You can then easily click it and flag it hidden. Often there is no body mesh underneath, and that's where GECK comes in. You load that mod into GECK, find the item you want, and change it to one of the Body Addon slots (others may work, but I'm not sure). Save it (either as a separate esp or overwrite the original) and presto, boots-be-gone! Again, that trick only works if the piece you want to hide is actually a separate shape in the nif. I used this process to make bottomless combat armor. :D

Nice! I've downloaded those proggies already and i've been experimenting on my own. I removed the original body "file?" and replaced it with a full body from a similar armor so that I have feet, and made the boots invisible. (and other stuff i deemed not wanted) but the game just crashed on me. From what I could figure out from my random clicking I would think that the new body I used didn't have correct links or whatever it is.

The method you stated should work perfectly though, I'll give that a shot right now!

But if anyone reads this and can give me tips on how to do exactly this:

-Modify the existing body in the armor mesh to add feet/arms whatever i need (from other armors or if need be from scratch)

-take mesh parts (like boots) from one mesh and add it to another (in a way that doesn't crash the game)