No Werewolfs?

ltknight88

Possible Spoilers (Don't know if the following qualifies as spoiler-ish)

To my knowledge, you only encounter werewolves in the quest "Ill Met by Moonlight", the Companions questline, and the Dark Brotherhood questline in the base vanilla game. In the Dawnguard DLC, I think it is possible to encounter werewolves on the road (though probably only show up when you progress far enough with the Companions), and the Dragonborn DLC features a werewolf pack somewhere on Solstheim, though I have no idea if they ever actually transform.

I think the lack of werewolf encounters in Skyrim is partly due to the design decision to cut the Sanies Lupinus disease (speculation based on unused content) in order to simplify the code behind the Companions questline, as well as give the faction's story "more impact." At one time, they planned on having dungeons occupied by werewolves and there's an unused and unfinished werewolf disease as well.

There are mods that add werewolf encounters if you don't want to become a werewolf in order to see them outside of "Ill Met by Moonlight," the Dark Brotherhood and Solstheim (if they transform).

Edited by DarkMasterJMK