Not sure if its possible but...flying vertibird?

jay5965

I really liked the "Personal Vertibird" mod, but I was a little disappointed when I found out that it was really just glorified fast-travel.

What I would really like to see is a vertibird that will come to your location, pick you up, and then actually fly you to your destination (being able to see the landscape out of windows would be a nice touch as well....maybe put the player in the copilot seat and companions in the back for the sake of space?)

In my mind I see the ability to choose the area on the map for your destination, but I suppose there could be issues with that, so there would most likely have to be specific landing zones outside of major areas?

I know there are animation for landing, takeoff, and flight, so this should be possible, right?

I would attempt this myself, but I think its a bit beyond my level of understanding to implement. :-(

I think Bertivird has a short travel animation.

Yes it does, but what im thinking of (may possibly require a new model) is a vertibird interior that is not a new interior cell but rather an actual interior from which you could see the landscape passing below you as you travel across the map...(and perhaps run the risk of being shot down in some of the more dangerous areas)

I did like the landing markers used in that mod, seems to be a good compromise.

The biggest issue that i can see arising from something like this would be if the clipping issue the author of that mod was having could not be resolved...the player would have to have clipping disabled during transit as well (which would likely also necessitate constraining the player to a seat)

Again, i feel that this is way out of my scope of expertise, or I would jump into it on my own, but I have exactly zero experiance with the GECK.

maybe a vertibird that has a rope dropped down for you to grab. then it flies you to where you tell it to go to. then there's the possibility of being able to shoot up the countryside as you fly along too. LOL

• 2 weeks later...