Where do I add my vault nightclub in the wasteland?

Guest Messenjah

Guest Messenjah

So, I have my nightclub interior almost complete. Just need to finish the navmesh and optimise it. Then I can add it into the wasteland and start working on characters/quests.

So, I need to find a nice place to add my nightclub.

To give you all a description: it was originally a vault that was designed to experiment on radio transmissions and to broadcast information about it's inhabitants to the outside world. It was later discovered by the Enclave and it was abandoned after all of it's inhabitants were captured. Eventually, it was rediscovered by a mob family that sought to expand it's drug trade from New Jersey (the parts not raider or trog controlled) into the wastes. It did so by establishing many trades, promising "protection", drugs, and weapons to those willing to help provide trade trade partnerships with them. Eventually, they had enough mint-condition goods to develop the vault into an underground nightclub and a place to trade not only weapons, drugs, money but also to trade information while enjoying the company of exotic dancers while sipping on cocktails.

The idea, is that I want this place to function as a nice place for modders to easily add on quests, weapons, clothing, ecs ecs, without hurting the game and so that they don't shove everything into Megaton where I can get wiped off the map altogether.

Anyway, I wanted to add it into either a metro or maybe the town near Lucky's (Lucky's, the trade shop near Tenpenny Towers). I haven't found any good metro's that would work though. The city would be a nice place to add it but the problem is that the city is so full of super mutants and raiders that I doubt anyone would go near a place like that. So, I was thinking of maybe placing the vault inside the little building next to Lucky's and adding a couple extra buildings to that parking lot and adding a wall of cars around it?

Any thoughts?

If it is a former vault, you could maybe put it in the same settings as the other vaults. You could probably spruce up the outside of the caves that you see before the vaults and change it around a bit to fit with the story. I am thinking that you could perhaps put the nightclub somewhere between Tenpenny Tower and Megaton, instead of right next to it. The area is not too enemy infested and those are the two major hubs of the story. Where specifically, I am not sure though. That is up to you.

You could put it in one of the office buildings across from the citadel. Between Dukov's Place and Rivet city. There are a lot of wall spaces for a door and not a lot of enemy action. Its quite feasible that there would be vaults built below office complexes.

You could add a door then some stairs leading down to your vault entrance.

Angot's got a good idea. There are so many empty, facetless buildings in the city that it could fit in.

Also, PLEASE don't put it in Springvale. Or anywhere near Vault 101 or Megaton. That area is mod-saturated enough as it is. There's a whole, huge Wasteland out there. Endless possibilities.

Guest Messenjah

Hmmmm.... I've spent days looking around the wastes for a good spot for my vault. I do want an area that I can place some nice shops in. I'll take that suggestion Agnot. I wanted to place it between Tenpenny and Megaton but I couldn't find a suitable area. I don't really want to modify the land anymore than I have too though. I'm tempted to just move lucky's and stick some new buildings in, surround them with a bunch of cars for walls, stick a radio tower on top of the building and some neon lights, stick some black mafia cars outside in the parking lot and it should look pretty good. Seems more suitable in the city to me though?

I really don't want to place it in an area that is already covered by mods and certainly not Megaton as that would actually conflict with on of the major purposes of my mod as Megaton gets blown up. I want it to also function as a central hub for clothing and weapon mods since I plan on adding a couple of custom shops there. I just don't really want to modify the landscape more than is necessary. If you guys know of a cool office building I could use...

I'm also planning on using an office building for another mod as well. It is sad that no one really seems to make use of these buildings as there are a gazillion generic empty and useless buildings in FO3.

Any suggestions and screenshots/locations would be great! :o)

Guest Messenjah

Ok, so "The Pitt" would actually be my preferred location. In fact, the mob family, according to my story, comes from New Jersey. However, there are several problems:

1. This would involve creating a whole new world space as The Pitt, is mostly a slaving area and the rest is basically covered with Troggs. It would be VERY interesting to explore the world further and say, have a town that is maybe inside of an enclosed city block and have a subway that leads underground to the vault or maybe it is inside a city building. I would need someone pretty good at creating world spaces to work on this as I have my hands full just with the vault location. A town controlled by the mob would be necessary, so a few shops and some motels would be necessary. I would need someone to create these for me as it would take a great deal of time.

2. Getting to this area would involve playing through the entire Pitt area first since an NPC has to take you to the Pitt in the first place and you can't go back until it is complete.

Otherwise, this is a very fitting and a very good idea.

For good locations to look, I would recommend perhaps the northeast area around the Republic of Dave or something.

Also, there is the Jury Street Metro Station area which I've always found interesting ever since I found that there is a manhole cover there that you can enter to find a neat little bomb shelter in there. You might not need to put your vault there, just find a piece of road somewhere, put a manhole cover on it, then link that to a secton of sewer that leads to the vault.

Professor Braun had his secret vault hidden underneath a gas station so there is precedent for hiding vaults all over the place. Heck there are lots of those storm drain things all over the wasteland, some lead to sections of sewer that you can explore and others don't lead to anything. Choose one in an out of the way place that doesn't lead to anything and build onto that.

The building next door to the Library (to the right if you face the library).

Behind the library (past the Talon outpost) there is an underground area with raiders, good "underground club" location. Slap a door in the basement.

Takoma Park is crazy hard to find, but thats a good location as well.

The big buildings near to Dukov's are a great spot really.

The completely unused structure around flooded metro (near Wilhelms Warf) is also good.

The structures near Red Racer factory are unused, another good spot.

Also near the National Guard Armory, there are a number of unused buildings, or if more 'vault-like", there

are is a good bit of rocky terrain, just north of the armory.

Looking forward to this!